Terminal Services (RDS) User Default Save location RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I came across few articles but non could help me. I have terminal server farm and I would like to specify the personal network drive when the user goes to open or save the document. I have bunch of different applications. What happens now is that when they click on Save or Open "libraries" is pre-selected and all the options are confusing the users. I would like to have a network drive pre-selected which is their personal storage. I would be even OK if the selection defaulted to "Computer" so they can see their home drive. I used registry hacks to try to hide Favorites, Libraries and network, which does not work in Common Dialog box navigation pane but it does work when you open windows explorer from the Start menu. http://www.edugeek.net/forums/windows-7/42683-remove-network-navigation-pane.html.

It would be great if I could remove the navigation pane entirely and just have only network drives and removable drives as an option. We do not use roaming profiles. If this possible?

• Edited by dkgcb Thursday, May 3, 2012 8:36 PM
    • Changed type dkgcb Thursday, May 3, 2012 9:26 PM
    Thursday, May 3, 2012 8:35 PM

Answers

• Dear dkgcb

its Possible for this you Have to Create Folder For each user in Your Harddrive

Take Example Create Folder User1,User2, User3 give Right for Folder accroding to Username

after that you Have to Share That Folder like \\Server-Name\User1

after Please Make User1.bat File in that You Have to Write

Net use z: \\Server-name\User1

Copy the user1.bat fiel to \\Server-name\netlogon\sysvol\Script

Go to Active Directory Open the User1 Properties in that Logon Script Option Write "%Username%.bat"

Please Try If you Want any help Please contact me

Kalpesh Patel If you find these posts answered your question or issue, please click on "Mark as answer". If a post contained helpfull information, please be click on the "Vote as helpful" button

• Marked as answer by Kevin Remde Wednesday, November 21, 2012 12:36 PM
    Thursday, July 12, 2012 3:04 PM