PBX coexistence whilst using SfB conferenc dial-in RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

We have an Avaya pbx which is presently used for telephony across our 35+ offices ( a couple of locations use SfB enterprise voice using Sonus SBAs), which is connected to SfB 2015 on-prem, and a SIP trunk for PSTN, via a Sonus SBC.

I have setup dial-in conferencing and, because we are security conscious, have enabled some of the secure policies so a lot of the conferences require login by users. To do this we synced telephone and extension number from AD for each user, so they could login with their extension + PIN when they were dialling in.

The problem is now that if people choose Call me At when joining a conference via SfB client and choose their Avaya DID, the call won't connect because SfB thinks that number is Skype, and won't dial out to Avaya.

We are not migrating to SfB EV in the short term.

Can anyone recommend the best solution for this situation? Am I best just allocating new (dummy) telephone numbers in Skype but keeping the ext=xxxx field correct so they can still login? Or can I just use extension numbers in line uri? Or is there something clever I can do with dialling rules?

Thanks

A

Monday, August 7, 2017 3:54 PM

All replies

• Hi Vurtual,

From your description, if I understand correctly, you have setup dial-in conferencing with other device (not using Skype for Business server). And you have issue when users use Skype for Business client to join the meeting audio.

In this scenario, I think the major problem is that SFB client won’t dial out to Avaya with the DID number. Do you have deployed any dial plan in Skype for Business server?

I’m not very familiar with this, but I think you could try to deploy a dial plan for the DID numbers to route to Avaya in Skype for Business server.

Thanks for your understanding and patience!

Shaw Lu
    TechNet Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, August 8, 2017 12:08 PM
  • 1-The first option you need to verify same numbers you cannot use in Skype and Avaya when co-existense scenario.

If it is different you need to check the pattern when call me used and according to the pattern you need to create a dialplan in skype and route it.

Yes You can use extention format or simply enter the extention number as line URI if required.

Jayakumar K

Tuesday, August 8, 2017 12:46 PM