Command Prompt Continues to Appear/Disappear Quickly RRS feed

• Question

• Hi I just recently updated to Windows 8.1, and ever since have noticed that the command prompt flashes on the screen for a fraction of a second. Using a recording software I managed to freeze it and the message says:

The service name is invalid.

More help is available by typing NET HELPMSG 2185.

I'm wondering how to make this stop, as whenever I am running something in fullscreen, such as a video or a game, it will close the program and I have to reopen it. The message flashes every couple of minutes for less than a second. Also, in the bottom right hand corner of my screen there is a watermark that says

Windows 8.1

SecureBoot isn't configured correctly

Build9600

Not sure if the two are related at all, but thanks for any help. If you guys need any additional information I'll do my best to get it to you.

Wednesday, November 13, 2013 1:47 AM

Answers

• Also, in the bottom right hand corner of my screen there is a watermark that says

Windows 8.1

Build9600

this can be fixed by installing the current udpates for 8.1:

Windows RT 8.1, Windows 8.1, and Windows Server 2012 R2 update rollup: November 2013
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2887595/en-us

This update package fixes the issues that are documented in the following Microsoft Knowledge Base (KB) articles:

2902864 Update removes the "Windows 8.1 SecureBoot isn't configured correctly" watermark in Windows 8.1 and Windows Server 2012 R2

To see what causes the cmd.exe, run ProcessMonitor and only recoder cmd.exe activity. Here you should see which process started it.

"A programmer is just a tool which converts caffeine into code"

• Marked as answer by kelvin_hsu Wednesday, November 20, 2013 11:40 PM
    Wednesday, November 13, 2013 12:20 PM
    Answerer

All replies

• I have the same problem..
    Wednesday, November 13, 2013 11:42 AM
  • Also, in the bottom right hand corner of my screen there is a watermark that says

Windows 8.1

Build9600

this can be fixed by installing the current udpates for 8.1:

Windows RT 8.1, Windows 8.1, and Windows Server 2012 R2 update rollup: November 2013
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2887595/en-us

This update package fixes the issues that are documented in the following Microsoft Knowledge Base (KB) articles:

2902864 Update removes the "Windows 8.1 SecureBoot isn't configured correctly" watermark in Windows 8.1 and Windows Server 2012 R2

To see what causes the cmd.exe, run ProcessMonitor and only recoder cmd.exe activity. Here you should see which process started it.

"A programmer is just a tool which converts caffeine into code"

• Marked as answer by kelvin_hsu Wednesday, November 20, 2013 11:40 PM
    Wednesday, November 13, 2013 12:20 PM
    Answerer