none
Map Drives not working for Windows 7 clients for some of the Map Drives GPO's

Question

• We have a couple GPO's for map drives that are working on some machines and not others. If I login to some machines all the map drives show up. If I login to another machine 2 of them will map but the other will not. When I run a GPresult it shows as the policy being applied. Has any seen this type of behavior before?

James Temple

Tuesday, February 28, 2017 8:37 PM

All replies

• Hi James,
    Please check if MS16-072 is installed on problematic clients and domain controllers, if that is the case, please use the Group Policy Management Console (GPMC.MSC) and add the Authenticated Users group with Read Permissions on the Group Policy Object (GPO). If you are using security filtering, add the Domain Computers group with read permission. You could see more details from: https://support.microsoft.com/en-sg/kb/3163622
    Best regards,
    Wendy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Wednesday, March 01, 2017 2:49 AM
  • Hi James,

Just checking in to see if the information provided was helpful. And if the replies as above are helpful, we would appreciate you to mark them as answers, please let us know if you would like further assistance.

Best Regards,

Wendy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Monday, March 06, 2017 8:25 AM