none
Mapping contact fields between Sharepoint 2010 and Outlook 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello!

I’m currently using Sharepoint 2010 and Outlook 2010.

I’ve created a contact list in Sharepoint and am trying to match the fields between contacts in Sharepoint and contacts in outlook so to create a 2-way synchronization. I’ve created fields in Sharepoint with the names of fields that appear in outlook. For example, business address, nickname, office and etc. Unfortunately the synchronization between the two (either from SP to Outlook or Outlook to SP) does not work for most fields. . Does anyone know how I can create the same fields in Sharepoint so to map those of outlook?

Thank you

Thursday, January 5, 2012 7:27 AM

Answers

• Hi,

The columns that can be synchronized are the columns from Site Columns (from the contact list click settings --> list settings --> Add from existing site columns --> Select site columns from: --> Core contact and Calendar Columns).
    Creating new columns using other names will not get the columns synchronized with Outlook. In your issue, I think the Office column can be synchnorized to outlook.

Xue-mei Chang

TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Anna_BCS Monday, January 9, 2012 11:22 AM
    Friday, January 6, 2012 9:58 AM

All replies

• Hi,

You may refer this article http://www.sharepointgeoff.com/how-to-synchronize-a-sharepoint-contact-list-with-microsoft-outlook-2010/

Satyam MCITP, MCPD
    Thursday, January 5, 2012 7:34 AM
  • Thank you for the link. Unfortunately this describes how to connect to Outlook, which I've already done. The problem is that when I want to migrate contacts from Outlook to Sharepoint using the drag and drop from the Outlook list to the Sharepoint list, most data in fields are not transferred even if they have the same field name. The same happens when dragging and dropping contacts from SP to Outlook. 
    Anna_BCS
    Thursday, January 5, 2012 10:09 AM
  • Hi,

The columns that can be synchronized are the columns from Site Columns (from the contact list click settings --> list settings --> Add from existing site columns --> Select site columns from: --> Core contact and Calendar Columns).
    Creating new columns using other names will not get the columns synchronized with Outlook. In your issue, I think the Office column can be synchnorized to outlook.

Xue-mei Chang

TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Anna_BCS Monday, January 9, 2012 11:22 AM
    Friday, January 6, 2012 9:58 AM