Slight delay in start menu RRS feed

• Question

• Dear Technet,

I notice a slight delay when hovering the various start menu items.
    I noticed this delay because it's not there in Xp, nor in ubuntu.
    Allthough the startmenu feels quite instant, I find the slight delay quite annoying and it gives me the perception of a slower operating system compared to XP.
    When the theme in 7 is changed to classic, the delay is completely gone. 

I do find this delay in Vista as well.

Perheps it is a design decision,  is there a register way to suppress this delay in hovering the items (not expanding of the menu's)?
    Friday, July 17, 2009 5:17 PM

Answers

• Dear Technet,

Allthough the startmenu feels quite instant, I find the slight delay quite annoying and it gives me the perception of a slower operating system compared to XP.

Perheps it is a design decision,  is there a register way to suppress this delay in hovering the items (not expanding of the menu's)?
    Hi

If this delay is resolved by using the Classic Theme, then it is very likely that the delay is simply the fact that the graphics component has slightly more work to do when displaying a component that is using slightly more resources.

The display model has changed substantially since Windows XP.

Hope this helps.

Thank You for testing Windows 7

Ronnie Vernon MVP
    Monday, July 20, 2009 10:55 PM

All replies

• What computer specs (processor speed, RAM, etc) do you have? My Start menu opens instantly.

Hello! Please try every solution given to your problem...and reply back with its results...

- JoelbX
    Monday, July 20, 2009 9:59 PM
  • Dear Technet,

Hi

If this delay is resolved by using the Classic Theme, then it is very likely that the delay is simply the fact that the graphics component has slightly more work to do when displaying a component that is using slightly more resources.

The display model has changed substantially since Windows XP.

Hope this helps.

Thank You for testing Windows 7

Ronnie Vernon MVP
    Monday, July 20, 2009 10:55 PM
  • i dont think it's the hardware, since i have a quad core Q6600 and a nvidia 8600 directx 10 video card..
    But i noticed this slight delay on vista as well..
    Monday, July 27, 2009 2:36 PM