none
AppV 5 Publishing Error - 0x4FC07804-0x1B

Question

• Hi,

i'm getting an error during the process of updating an existing appv5-package.

I didn't find any solutions yet, so maybe one can help me here.

The situation is following:

Appv-Version: 5 SP 1 (5.0.1104.0)

Users are working on terminalserver W2K8 R2

I took the existing package, started the sequencer, performed the update, saved the package, added the new package version in the appv-management-console and published this version to a test-security-group.

Then i took a user, who is working with the existing package-version, an put his account in the test-security-group, and removed him out of the group for the working environment.

When the user logged on the terminalserver after that, the new package version was not available. There were the entrys for the application in the startmenu, and when he tried to launch the application there popped up an error:

The application failed to launch.
    This may be due to a network failure.
    Error code: 0x41E04304-00000028

And i found a reason for that already: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2783120

So i checked the eventlogs.

The operational log just gets the entry 'configure package - id 1002', but not the 'publish package - id 1003'.

So i checked the additional debug logs and found more errors in the client-orchestration-log:

Log Name:      Microsoft-AppV-Client-Orchestration/Debug
    Source:        Microsoft-AppV-Client-Orchestration
    Date:          14.02.2014 11:05:36
    Event-ID:      10
    Task Category:
    Level:         Error
    Keywords:      Activity,Component
    User:          ...
    Computer:      ...
    Description:   Activity PublishPackage #3935 failed on component VirtualizationManager (error: 0x4FC07804-0x1B).

Event-ID:      35
    Task Category:
    Keywords:      Activity,Component
    Description:   PublishPackage activity #3935 was failed by component VirtualizationManager (error: 0x55900C02-0x501),    initiating a PublishPackageUndo.

Event-ID:      32
    Task Category: Keine
    Keywords:      Activity
    Description:   PublishPackage activity #3935 failed with error code 0x55900C02-0x501.

After that we tried it again with a new ts-profile, and also on a workstation-pc (with an existing local userprofile for the user). In both cases everthing worked fine, and the publishing was done during the logon process with no errors.

Can someone help me with these errors?

Any hints are appreciated,
    Thank you
    Torben
    Friday, February 14, 2014 12:49 PM

Answers

• Okay, we didn't find any details about the mentioned errors. Unfortunately there werent any entrys in the Client-VirtualizationManager-Log.

BUT, we've found out that the cause of our problems we're the profiles of the terminalserver-users. We needed to reconfigure a group policy setting, regarding the user profiles.

After that, all the packages are loaded correctly for our users.

• Marked as answer by Support141 Wednesday, February 26, 2014 3:59 PM
    Wednesday, February 26, 2014 3:59 PM

All replies

• Does the Component  VirtualizationManager have a debug-log?

Nicke Källén | The Knack| Twitter: @Znackattack

Friday, February 14, 2014 6:35 PM
  • Oh no... Yes there is a debuglog 'Client-VirtualizationManager'...

I didn't recognize that before. I'm going to check that log and see if i'm getting more informations regarding the errors,

Thank you so far!

• Edited by Support141 Monday, February 17, 2014 2:56 PM
    Monday, February 17, 2014 2:56 PM
  • Okay, we didn't find any details about the mentioned errors. Unfortunately there werent any entrys in the Client-VirtualizationManager-Log.

BUT, we've found out that the cause of our problems we're the profiles of the terminalserver-users. We needed to reconfigure a group policy setting, regarding the user profiles.

After that, all the packages are loaded correctly for our users.

• Marked as answer by Support141 Wednesday, February 26, 2014 3:59 PM
    Wednesday, February 26, 2014 3:59 PM
  • Hi could you please let me now what exact policy/setting you are talking about. I have sometimes a similar issue after I disable and enable a connectiongroup:

PublishPackageGroupFinalize activity #1215 failed with error code 0x55900C02-0x501.

Only sollution so far, is to remove the connectiongroup and add it again.

Thursday, July 24, 2014 9:13 AM
  • OK I've solved my above error. The issue only occurred If I change the ACL rights on %LOCALAPPDATA%\Microsoft\AppV\Client\VFS\CONNECTIONGROUPGUID (if you use SP2hotfix4 it's not necessary  to change ACL's manually)

Thursday, July 24, 2014 11:47 AM