restore emails-Recoverable Items Folder RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Experts

One of my user has deleted emails(inbox emails and sent items emails) and i can see them in Recoverable Items Folder.
    When i use the below syntax i can see the csv file with all emails.

Get-RecoverableItems -Identity user1@contoso.com -FilterStartTime "07/20/2019 00:00" -FilterEndTime "07/25/201
    9 23:59" -FilterItemType IPM.Note|Export-Csv C:\output.csv -NoTypeInformation

I have created two folders in users outlook one is sentrestore and inboxrestore. is it possible to restore inbox deleted emails to
    inboxrestore folder and sent items deleted emails to sentrestore.

Using the below syntax i can restore but it goes to inbox and sent items, experts guide with the syntax
    Import-Csv "C:\output.csv"|Restore-RecoverableItems -Identity user1@contoso.com -ResultSize Unlimited

Thursday, August 8, 2019 12:44 AM

Answers

• I am afraid there is not a PowerShell method.

Description

Items are restored to the original folder location if the information is available for the item. If the information can't be found, the item is restored to the default folder for the item type (Inbox for messages, Calendar for meetings and appointments, etc.).

We need to let the users move it back to the custom folder they created in Outlook or OWA. If deleted items are already in the Purges folder, they could only be restored to their original folder locations.

Regards,

Manu Meng

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Manu Meng Monday, August 12, 2019 9:18 AM
    • Marked as answer by ItsMe-Roger Thursday, August 15, 2019 9:51 AM
    Thursday, August 8, 2019 4:38 AM

All replies

• I am afraid there is not a PowerShell method.

Description

Items are restored to the original folder location if the information is available for the item. If the information can't be found, the item is restored to the default folder for the item type (Inbox for messages, Calendar for meetings and appointments, etc.).

We need to let the users move it back to the custom folder they created in Outlook or OWA. If deleted items are already in the Purges folder, they could only be restored to their original folder locations.

Regards,

Manu Meng

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Manu Meng Monday, August 12, 2019 9:18 AM
    • Marked as answer by ItsMe-Roger Thursday, August 15, 2019 9:51 AM
    Thursday, August 8, 2019 4:38 AM
  • Try using the LastParentFolderID parameter?
    Thursday, August 8, 2019 7:20 AM
  • Just checking in to see if above information was helpful. Please let us know if you would like further assistance.

Regards, 

Manu Meng

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Thursday, August 15, 2019 2:43 AM