Outlook 2019/365, Inbox Favourite, multiple exchange accounts in one profile. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, 

I have a client who's saying they used to see all the contents on multiple Inboxes shown in the Inbox Favourite link.

I'm unable to re-create this, the Inbox Favourite only shows the primary (first account added) to the users Outlook Profile.

does anyone know how I can setup a folder to show, all the new mail from multiple Exchange Accounts in one folder? 

thanks 

Iain

Thursday, July 23, 2020 11:54 AM

All replies

• Hi Iain,

To the best of my knowledge, there is no built-in feature available in Outlook to setup a unified Inbox folder across multiple accounts. A similar suggestion has been submitted on Outlook's official UserVoice forum and you can vote for it: Unified Inbox for Outlook 2016.

Given this, personally I'd recommend adding multiple Inboxes to Favorites:

Or as a workaround, you can create Outlook rules for each account to move a copy of a incoming message into a folder:

1. Create a new folder in any one of the mailboxes, let's say "Unified_Inbox".
    2. Create rules for each mailbox to move a copy of incoming messages to the "Unified_Inbox", choose "Run this rule now on messages already in 'Inbox'" when finishing each configuration:

3. Select the "Unified_Inbox", right click it and choose "Show in Favorites".

Additionally, another way to check items in all Inboxes is searching in All Mailboxes:

1. Press Ctrl+Alt+A to set the search scope to "All Mailboxes".
    2. Type "folderpath:inbox", press Enter.

Hope you can find this helpful.

"Outlook IT Pro Discussions" forum will be migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A, please refer to the sticky post for more details.

Regards,

Yuki Sun

"Outlook IT Pro Discussions" forum will be migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A! We invite you to post new questions in the new forum.

For more information, please refer to the sticky post.

Friday, July 24, 2020 4:44 AM
  • Hi Iain,

I am writing to see how everything is going on with this post. If the replies above are helpful, do you mind helping mark it as answer? This can be beneficial to others who read this thread. If you still have further concern on this, please feel free to let us know.

"Outlook IT Pro Discussions" forum will be migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A, please refer to the sticky post for more details.

Regards,

Yuki Sun

"Outlook IT Pro Discussions" forum will be migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A! We invite you to post new questions in the new forum.

Thursday, July 30, 2020 8:28 AM
  • [Note] This forum will be locked down, you can continue to post in here before 8/10/2020. It is highly recommended to register the Microsoft Q&A Platform and create new thread in Microsoft Q&A Platform to continue the discussion.

Hi Iain,

I'd like to follow up with you to see if there is any progress. Thanks!

Regards,

Yuki Sun

Tuesday, August 4, 2020 8:29 AM