Service Account issue in Windows Server 2003 RRS feed

• Question

• In my environment one application service is running with a particular user account. My Server is a part of my domain. I have addded this id in Logon as a service rights in Default Domain Controller policy.

My User account is part of the domain admin group.

I have maaped this application servicewith this user id. This service is geeting stop daily than Ihave to started the service by reapplying the password in the service properties in every day. Kindly help on this.

Nirmal Singh IT Administrator
    Friday, August 5, 2011 7:51 AM

Answers

• Hi Nirmal,

When did the issue begin to occur? Recently or after configuring the application and the service? Does the service stop randomly or after certain operations, like restarting the DC or the application? Have you checked Event Log? Any errors? When the service stopped, did you revived any errors?

Please note that the service installer should, by default, set up the service to run under a domain user account. Also, a service's user account should not be a member of any administrators groups, that is local, domain, or enterprise. If your service needs local administrative privileges, run under the LocalSystem account. For operations that require domain administrative privileges, perform them by impersonating the security context of a client application. For more information, please check the following link:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms675915(v=vs.85).aspx

Please run “GPresult /v” to confirm the policy “Logon as a service” is applied on the server and double check whether you have “Deny log on as a server” defined for this user account. In the meantime, you’d better consult the application vendor on how to configure the application and the account to run the service.

Thanks.

Nina

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Wednesday, August 10, 2011 5:28 AM