none
HELP!! Cannot edit PWA 2010 projects RRS feed

• Question

• I cannot edit my projects listed in project center in pwa or the client. Opening it in pwa, it just hangs - no error messages are given (unless I find them from some logs, but I don't know where).

The only thing that I think could have affected was changing the enterprise calendar, so I changed it back. No success.

I don't understand. Everything was working fine in my last session. After shutting down the server and restarting a day later, this problem happens.

Protected mode is off

Any ideas?

Monday, June 13, 2011 9:46 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Can you open and save projects directly from Project Professional back to Project Server? You can check the windows logs or the SharePoint ULS logs (Program Files/Common Files/Microsoft Shared/Web Server Extensions/14/Logs).

Do all users experience the same issue?

Thanks

Paul

Paul Mather
    Monday, June 13, 2011 12:07 PM
  • how do I get to the uls logs? I've so far have not ever been able to find anything on how to get to them.

This is happening for more than one user. I even checked permissions. Funny how the user permissions were actually lost, but when I re-instated them, still no results.

Monday, June 13, 2011 12:37 PM
  • Make sure that your site is a trusted "Local Site" in Internet explorer.  Also, tried running IE as admin and see if that works.   If it does, then some property in IE is not set properly.

cheers!

Michael Wharton, MBA, PMP, MCT, MCSD, MCSE+I, MCDBA
    www.WhartonComputer.com
    Monday, June 13, 2011 12:55 PM
  • The ULS logs can be found on the Application Server (Program Files/Common Files/Microsoft Shared/Web Server Extensions/14/Logs).

Thanks

Paul

Paul Mather
    Monday, June 13, 2011 3:58 PM
  • thx I'll check...
    Monday, June 13, 2011 5:27 PM