none
Problems to connect to Facebook. RRS feed

• Question

• I am Italian but I live in the States, so English is not my primary language. I
    have problems to connect ONLY with Facebook, everything else works fine ... I
    hope! It's 2 days I'm trying it with the laptop, with desktop and with the cell.
    (Modem and Router are the same) and it does not open Facebook. With this in
    which I'm writing (laptop and that 'a Windows 7) I get the following message:
    "Internet Explorer can not display the webpage", I try with the "Diagnose
    Connection Problems" and tells me: "Problem found - Resource (www.facebook .
    com) is online but is not responding to connection attempts. The remote computer
    is not responding to connection on port 443, possibly two to firewall or
    security police setting, or Because It might be temporarily unavailable. Windows
    could not find any problems with the firewall on your computer. "and also other
    things like the following codes etc.. From the desktop (Windows XP) tells me:
    "Windows did not detect any problem with your Internet connection over HTTP and
    HTTPS, but was Not able to make a successful connection over FTP. The Most
    Likely causes of this problem Is that a firewall client running on your machine
    is blocking The Necessary FTP ports. If you are trying to use FTP, please
    contact the manifacturer of your personal computer for assistance. "And in the
    phone (i-Phone 4), does not connect to "problems with the network." This happens
    and I have not touched or done anything. It worked fine until yesterday morning,
    Sunday, 29 Sept. 2013. Again, up to now it seems that everything works fine,
    just not connecting with Facebook. I'm not a programming genius, so I need help
    ... very detailed step by step, as you would say to a child. My Browser is
    Internet Explorer on both computers (9 on laptop and 8 on desktop)...if this was important to know. Thanks in
    advance.
    Tuesday, October 1, 2013 5:23 AM

Answers

• Thank you all. I have solved the problem or better the problem has solved for itself. When I was able to connect to Facebook I have asked them for help (as I have already said I was not able to connect with FB in any way, just I could not, I have tried tens of times in those days with no result.) and at that moment I have found out why, FB has suspended me for a maximum two days and I still don't know why. I have seen appear a small window  which said something about the suspension and for how long. I did not understand why, I don't think I have infringed any rules or laws. The only thing I have done was to remove posts and things I didn't need of and to be honest in the last period of time I have removed a lot of things from my wall (like somebody-else's posts in my friends' ones) and a lot of games...I don't want any game, I don't have time to play any game. When they appear as proposed/suggested games and/or my friends' games, I simply deleted them. Maybe FB doesn't like that! Anyway, now it is working as before the problem. Thanks again to everybody.
    Friday, October 4, 2013 1:13 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Can you ping Facebook website successfully?

Maybe a firewall issue. Try to turn off the firewall for a test.

Also, try to flush the dns on the client:

Flush and reset a client resolver cache using the ipconfig command

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc781949(v=ws.10).aspx

Alex Zhao
    TechNet Community Support

Thursday, October 3, 2013 2:20 AM
  • "Problem found - Resource (www.facebook .
    com) is online but is not responding to connection attempts. The remote computer
    is not responding to connection on port 443, possibly two to firewall or
    security police setting, or Because It might be temporarily unavailable. Windows
    could not find any problems with the firewall on your computer. "and also other
    things like the following codes etc..

If this was working, my guess would be it is a temporary problem.  Otherwise contact Facebook to see what is going on.  If you do, be sure to mention your language preference again because that could certainly be a factor which would not be well tested if there were any recent changes.

However, if you would like to try changing your Language preference temporarily to see if it changes your symptom, you would do that using the Language settings from Internet Options.  E.g. from IE start in the Tools menu.  (Alt-T O, Alt-L)

From the desktop (Windows XP) tells me:
    "Windows did not detect any problem with your Internet connection over HTTP and
    HTTPS, but was Not able to make a successful connection over FTP. The Most
    Likely causes of this problem Is that a firewall client running on your machine
    is blocking The Necessary FTP ports. If you are trying to use FTP, please
    contact the manifacturer of your personal computer for assistance.

Unfortunately the XP Network troubleshooter is not as useful as the W7 one.  In particular it is not testing anything to do with the problem host that you have, so it is only showing you that you do have an Internet connection that is working or not working with some specific Microsoft hosts.

"And in the phone (i-Phone 4), does not connect to "problems with the network." This happens
    and I have not touched or done anything. It worked fine until yesterday morning,
    Sunday, 29 Sept. 2013. Again, up to now it seems that everything works fine,
    just not connecting with Facebook.

Sounds like a temporary problem but again, if you have any way of testing your phone without your language preference that test may prove something else and then, again, you should be contacting Facebook if you are concerned about how long the outage has been.

Good luck

Robert Aldwinckle
    ---

Thursday, October 3, 2013 1:34 PM
    Answerer
  • Thank you all. I have solved the problem or better the problem has solved for itself. When I was able to connect to Facebook I have asked them for help (as I have already said I was not able to connect with FB in any way, just I could not, I have tried tens of times in those days with no result.) and at that moment I have found out why, FB has suspended me for a maximum two days and I still don't know why. I have seen appear a small window  which said something about the suspension and for how long. I did not understand why, I don't think I have infringed any rules or laws. The only thing I have done was to remove posts and things I didn't need of and to be honest in the last period of time I have removed a lot of things from my wall (like somebody-else's posts in my friends' ones) and a lot of games...I don't want any game, I don't have time to play any game. When they appear as proposed/suggested games and/or my friends' games, I simply deleted them. Maybe FB doesn't like that! Anyway, now it is working as before the problem. Thanks again to everybody.
    Friday, October 4, 2013 1:13 AM