none
How to create a Project Site after importing a site? RRS feed

• Question

• I'm migrating a couple of dozen project files from one instance of Project Online to another (both hosted by Microsoft 365). (somewhat of a tedious process).  I've successfully done the first test utilising the import wizard which aligns the old to new resources, enterprise fields, etc.

However, the new Project (on the target set) does not have a Project SharePoint site attached.  I cannot find any buttons or menus to add one. Normally this is asked for at the time of the first "publish".  

How to create a SharePoint project site for these newly imported Projects?

--rms www.rmschneider.com

Thursday, June 16, 2016 11:52 AM

Answers

• Answering my own question.  Defaults on my source site must have been different than on the target. Discoveredin "PWA Settings" the link "Connected SharePoint Sites" (which previously eluded my noticing it).  Under that are a number of settings which I changed, including what happens "when an enterprise project is published".  It was set to "Do not Create a Site" and I now changed it to "Allow User to Chose". And there were some buttons there to create the project sites for the existing projects which had none. 

--rms www.rmschneider.com

• Marked as answer by Rob Schneider Thursday, June 16, 2016 2:19 PM
    Thursday, June 16, 2016 2:19 PM