none
After Shutting down the PC, restart automatically.

Question

• Dear

I have a problem with my desktop PC. problem is --- when I click in turn off option to shut down my pc but after shutting down the pc, restart automatically. So, I press and hold the power button in CPU to shut down my PC. I checked my restart button but its ok. please help me.

Thursday, July 4, 2013 12:25 PM

Answers

• However . May your system crashes during shutting down ! because by default windows reboots after crashing .To ensure , you can see system logs or do it : 

Select Start, (Start then Run in XP), type sysdm.cpl, and press ENTER. Click the Advanced tab, and then click the Settings button under 'Startup and Recovery' (as opposed to the other two Settings buttons on that tab). Uncheck Automatically restart. 

With that change, Windows will no longer reboot when you tell it to shut down. But it will still crash.

It could be a hardware or driver issue. If you added new hardware shortly before the problem started, look for an updated driver. Or try removing the hardware and uninstalling the driver to see if that helps.

The System Log may also give you a clue.

test it and report . 

• Edited by Hamed_H8 Friday, July 5, 2013 2:50 PM format paraphraph
    • Marked as answer by Leo HuangModerator Wednesday, July 17, 2013 8:36 AM
    Friday, July 5, 2013 2:46 PM

All replies

• Try this:  Press (Windows Key)+R and type in regedit and hit enter.  Locate the following key:

Location: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon

Double Click on "PowerdownAfterShutdown"

Then,
    Change it to "0" if it is "1" OR
    Change it to "1" if it is "0".

And hit Enter.

Then restart the computer and after it restarts try to shutdown again.  

If this doesn't work make sure you change the value in regedit back to what it was originally

Thursday, July 4, 2013 3:01 PM
  • Hi

To be added, you can try to reset or upgrade your Bios for test .

Friday, July 5, 2013 8:22 AM
  • Dear

After changing the value in PowerdownAfterShutDown, it not working. Means, the status of my PC is same with the previous condition.

Friday, July 5, 2013 11:20 AM
  • However . May your system crashes during shutting down ! because by default windows reboots after crashing .To ensure , you can see system logs or do it : 

Select Start, (Start then Run in XP), type sysdm.cpl, and press ENTER. Click the Advanced tab, and then click the Settings button under 'Startup and Recovery' (as opposed to the other two Settings buttons on that tab). Uncheck Automatically restart. 

With that change, Windows will no longer reboot when you tell it to shut down. But it will still crash.

It could be a hardware or driver issue. If you added new hardware shortly before the problem started, look for an updated driver. Or try removing the hardware and uninstalling the driver to see if that helps.

The System Log may also give you a clue.

test it and report . 

• Edited by Hamed_H8 Friday, July 5, 2013 2:50 PM format paraphraph
    • Marked as answer by Leo HuangModerator Wednesday, July 17, 2013 8:36 AM
    Friday, July 5, 2013 2:46 PM