Windows has encountered a critical problem and will restart automatically in one minute RRS feed

• Question

• I am having the same problem as people in your forum have stated, except none of the advise given has worked on my computer (Not this computer, but a Dell Inspirion I purchased in 2007). I displays this message and restarts my computer after 1 minute in normal mode, in safe mode and I DO KNOW I have a  trojan win32 sirefef but can't get windows security essentials to remove them quick enough, they are 'quarantined' but when I click to remove it, it says it may take several minutes and then the computer reboots before it has completed. My other problem is that I cannot for the life of me remember my administrator user name and password, I have tried everything I could remember, but it's been several years since I have had to put it in, since I got this new Dell I am using... I cannot log in as an administrator to do the other actions you suggest. Other than opening up my computer and resetting it myself, is there any other options for this? I have F8 and clicked on disable automatic shutdown when system fails/crashes, but it still does it. HELP please.
    Sunday, August 12, 2012 6:27 PM

All replies

• I'm having exactly the same problem, & experiencing the same issues trying to fix it

Help Please...

Saturday, August 18, 2012 9:18 AM