none
Manpower distribution RRS feed

• Question

• Hey everyone , 

I need your urgent help please  my boss is asking the criteria of fire and safety manpower distribution among the site.

What is the standards that i can build on? 

Per fire extinguishers , buildings , floors ...

Your urgent response is highly appreciated Please.

Thanks in advance 

Sunday, January 4, 2015 11:16 AM

All replies

• I'm sorry but I don't understand your question.  Have you assigned resources (fire and safety manpower) to tasks?  You can view how many hours per day or per week the resources are assigned to tasks, but I need a better understanding of what you are asking.
    Sunday, January 4, 2015 2:31 PM
  • i  have a compound of 28 villa , i told my boss that we need to provide at least 4 fireman to cover the compound in case of fire. He told me how did u know that we don't need more than  4?

he is asking the criteria of distributing the manpower among the compound.

Example :   1 villa ---> 1 fireman

10 residents ----> 1 fireman

If u need more clarification please do inform.

Monday, January 5, 2015 7:27 AM
  • If you have told him that you only need 4 fireman to cover 28 villas, that is one fireman per 7 villas, not 1 fireman per 1 villa.

It sounds like these are more subjective decisions, not something Project will determine for you.  I suggest coming up with several scenarios:  small fire restricted to one villa; larger fire with 2-3 villas involved; etc.

Again, I'm not sure what your expectations are around using Microsoft Project (the subject of this forum) are.

Monday, January 5, 2015 2:04 PM