Vista probleme completing installation last step RRS feed

• Question

• When I boot up the machine with the disk in, it shows the normal boot up screens. After about 5 seconds,  a black screen where at the bottom is a small white "Microsoft Corporations" and a bar with little green loading lines. After about 5 seconds on this screen, it freezes and quickly Blue Screen of Deaths.

I first loaded it with XP Home now i wish to upgrade to Vista... so i installed vista and after its doing its last process COMPLETE INSTALLATION in the middle of it to shows blue screen with error really quick then auto restarts..

I tried clean installation, upgrade installation..none works - Tried diffrent VISTA DVD from ORG to Burn..
    oh yeah but i can install xp pro and windows 7 beta with out a problem..

Dell XPS (M1330)
    Intel® Mobile core 2 duo T5850
    Dell Motherboard
    2 duo @2.16Ghz
    Geforce 8400 GS
    segate 250G sata
    2G Memory
    Wednesday, March 11, 2009 7:26 AM

Answers

• Hello,

According to the problem description, you met the BSOD or stop error issue while booting the computer. Since Windows system uses separated user mode and kernel mode memory space, stop errors are always caused by kernel portion components, such as a hardware device, third-party drivers, backup software or anti-virus services (buggy services).

The system goes to a blue screen because there is some exceptions happened in the kernel (either the device driver errors or the service errors), and Windows implements this mechanism: When it detects some errors occur in the kernel, it will kill the box in case some more severe damage happens. Then we get a blue screen or the system reboots (it depends on what the system settings are).

First of all, remove all unnecessary hardware devices from the computer, try entering Windows safe mode to test whether it is a third-party software/hardware compatibility issue. If the problem still persists, to troubleshoot this kind of kernel crash issue, we need to debug the crashed system dump. Unfortunately, debugging is beyond what we can do in the forum. A suggestion would be to contact Microsoft Customer Service and Support (CSS) via telephone so that a dedicated Support Professional can assist with your request. Please be advised that contacting phone support will be a charged call.

To obtain the phone numbers for specific technology request please take a look at the web site listed below:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-US;PHONENUMBERS

If you are outside the US please see http://support.microsoft.com/ for regional support phone numbers.

I hope the problem will be resolved soon. Thanks!

• Marked as answer by Andy Song Friday, March 20, 2009 10:25 AM
    Thursday, March 12, 2009 9:42 AM

All replies

• Hello,

According to the problem description, you met the BSOD or stop error issue while booting the computer. Since Windows system uses separated user mode and kernel mode memory space, stop errors are always caused by kernel portion components, such as a hardware device, third-party drivers, backup software or anti-virus services (buggy services).

The system goes to a blue screen because there is some exceptions happened in the kernel (either the device driver errors or the service errors), and Windows implements this mechanism: When it detects some errors occur in the kernel, it will kill the box in case some more severe damage happens. Then we get a blue screen or the system reboots (it depends on what the system settings are).

First of all, remove all unnecessary hardware devices from the computer, try entering Windows safe mode to test whether it is a third-party software/hardware compatibility issue. If the problem still persists, to troubleshoot this kind of kernel crash issue, we need to debug the crashed system dump. Unfortunately, debugging is beyond what we can do in the forum. A suggestion would be to contact Microsoft Customer Service and Support (CSS) via telephone so that a dedicated Support Professional can assist with your request. Please be advised that contacting phone support will be a charged call.

To obtain the phone numbers for specific technology request please take a look at the web site listed below:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-US;PHONENUMBERS

If you are outside the US please see http://support.microsoft.com/ for regional support phone numbers.

I hope the problem will be resolved soon. Thanks!

• Marked as answer by Andy Song Friday, March 20, 2009 10:25 AM
    Thursday, March 12, 2009 9:42 AM
  • Hello,

I am facing a problem with installing vista 32 bit in my pc, it show a blue screen in complete installation ,but unable to read because it restarted, after the restart windows start-up and shows windows not properly installed, then restarted, now i just update the bios too but after the bios updation the same problems occurs.

Configuration

Intel D945GCNL, 2GHZ
    CORE 2DUO
    SEAGATE 160 GB SATA
    1GB DDR2

Thanks in advance
    Vineeth
    Thursday, October 15, 2009 8:33 AM