none
Farm Admin Account or Site owner can't edit site page font in SharePoint 2013

Question

• The site page font/bold needs to be changed but I went to Edit Page, the ribbon menu all greyed out, I can't change the font /bold of any text.

I checked the library setting, it has no versioning, no checkout required.

I logged in as site owner or farm admin, it just doesn't allow me to edit the text.

I checked the Account I logged in with has Full Control on the page

Any idea?

Thanks for any tips!

Friday, March 17, 2017 4:28 PM

All replies

• Hi,

For this issue, I recommend to verify the things below for narrowing down the issue scope first:
    1. Please check pages in other sites, especially different site collections to see if the issue still occurs.

2. Use another browser to edit the page to see what happens.

3. Consult your site administrators to see if there are any customizations on the site.

Best Regards,

Victoria

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Saturday, March 18, 2017 3:21 AM
  • I am the site admin, only a couple pages like that, all other pages are editable. There are images with links on the page, but other pages with the same image works. 

Only thing is we used Sharegate to copy the site content from SP2010 to SP2013, it may screwed up something,

The only solution I can fix this is to recreate the page by copying the content from existing page to the new one then rename them.  then everything is fine, ie the text can be corrected as that's what I need to do.

Tuesday, March 21, 2017 3:22 PM
  • Hi,

I suppose the pages with issue may have customizations on that. You can compare the source code of the page with issue and page without issue to see if you have other customizations which disable the buttons.

And if only a couple of pages have issue, I think your solution is fine for this.

Best Regards,

Victoria

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Wednesday, March 22, 2017 9:56 AM