none
Valid the PublicFolder Data Exchange 2007 RRS feed

• Question

• I have so many Public Folders in the org. and most of the server are Exchange 2007 except few on exchange 2003

There is a Public Folder on a server A and I want to make sure that does it have Replica or No Replica.

When I run  Get-Public Folder it outputs only IPM_SUBTREE and if use the switch \-Recurse it outputs all the replicas hierarchy from the whole organization.

So how do I know what is the PublicFolder name hosted on this server A and whether does it have any copy on another server before I delete it from Server A

Thanks

Where Technology Meets Talent

Wednesday, July 3, 2013 4:13 PM

Answers

• I have so many Public Folders in the org. and most of the server are Exchange 2007 except few on exchange 2003

There is a Public Folder on a server A and I want to make sure that does it have Replica or No Replica.

When I run  Get-Public Folder it outputs only IPM_SUBTREE and if use the switch \-Recurse it outputs all the replicas hierarchy from the whole organization.

So how do I know what is the PublicFolder name hosted on this server A and whether does it have any copy on another server before I delete it from Server A

Thanks

If you're having a problem getting the Powershell cmdlets to work, try using PFDAVAdmin.

You can also use the Exchange 2003 ESM to check the replicas list on the folder.

--- Rich Matheisen MCSE&I, Exchange MVP

Wednesday, July 3, 2013 9:44 PM
  • Hi, there are two possible ways.

1.- Open an EMC-> Toolbox--> Public folder management console--> Default and open the PF properties and Replica TAB

2.- From powershell

Get-PublicFolder "\publicfolderpath\tesztpublicfolder" | select replicas

at the " " put inside the path of public folder.

regards,

csaba

Thursday, July 4, 2013 7:37 AM

All replies

Thanks

If you're having a problem getting the Powershell cmdlets to work, try using PFDAVAdmin.

You can also use the Exchange 2003 ESM to check the replicas list on the folder.

--- Rich Matheisen MCSE&I, Exchange MVP

Wednesday, July 3, 2013 9:44 PM
  • Hi, there are two possible ways.

1.- Open an EMC-> Toolbox--> Public folder management console--> Default and open the PF properties and Replica TAB

2.- From powershell

Get-PublicFolder "\publicfolderpath\tesztpublicfolder" | select replicas

at the " " put inside the path of public folder.

regards,

csaba

Thursday, July 4, 2013 7:37 AM