Restore MOSS 2007 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am trying to restore MOSS 2007 backup on a test server. This has been upgraded form WSS 3.0. The Central Admin is still a WSS 3.0 but the portal is 2007. I have restored the sql backup and trying to point central admin to the look at the correct content database. from Central Administration   > Application Management > Create or Extend Web Application > Create New Web Application

This error is error message

The specified SPContentDatabase Name=??? Parent=SPDatabaseServiceInstance has been upgraded to a newer version of SharePoint. Please upgrade this SharePoint application server before attempting to access this object.

any idea what the next step is?

Thanks,

Wednesday, May 18, 2011 7:48 PM

Answers

• From the error message - it seems to me both your farms are not at the same patch level. Check version from your original farm (CA > Operations> Servers in Farm) and verify that you have the same version on the target farm. You may have to install the cumulative update (CU)/ Service pack on the target farm.

Check this page for updates.

Hope this helps!

BlueSky2010
    • Marked as answer by User 007 Thursday, May 19, 2011 1:47 PM
    Wednesday, May 18, 2011 9:11 PM

All replies

• From the error message - it seems to me both your farms are not at the same patch level. Check version from your original farm (CA > Operations> Servers in Farm) and verify that you have the same version on the target farm. You may have to install the cumulative update (CU)/ Service pack on the target farm.

Check this page for updates.

Hope this helps!

BlueSky2010
    • Marked as answer by User 007 Thursday, May 19, 2011 1:47 PM
    Wednesday, May 18, 2011 9:11 PM
  • Yes, I check the version number they are diffrent.

How do I istall service pack 2? I get the following message.

"There are no products affected by this package istalled on this system."

Thanks,

Thursday, May 19, 2011 1:29 PM
  • Thanks, I should have installed the service pack for windows first.

Thursday, May 19, 2011 1:46 PM
  • thank for your help that i havent got
    Thursday, March 1, 2018 11:32 AM