Installation of additional SCCM 2012 SERVER RRS feed

• Question

• Dear All,

Currently i have SCCM 2012 server running in my environment and now i want to install additional SCCM 2012 on same active directory site is it possible if yes how can i achieve this ?

Your help will be highly appreciated.

BR,

ZB

Monday, May 6, 2013 9:04 PM

Answers

• Then it's easy...

Just install the server like you did with the first server, and dont configure automatic site assignment on any of the sites.

No reasons to say that yo also need a new site code :-)

Ronni Pedersen | Microsoft MVP - ConfigMgr | Blogs: www.ronnipedersen.com/ and www.SCUG.dk/ | Twitter @ronnipedersen

• Marked as answer by Zeeshan Butt Monday, May 6, 2013 11:05 PM
    Monday, May 6, 2013 10:06 PM

All replies

• Yes you can.

The next question is, do you want to install a new standalone site, or just add a new server to the existing site?

Ronni Pedersen | Microsoft MVP - ConfigMgr | Blogs: www.ronnipedersen.com/ and www.SCUG.dk/ | Twitter @ronnipedersen

Monday, May 6, 2013 9:34 PM
  • Thanks Mate i need to install a new standalone server in same site.What steps do i need to take.

Waiting for your reply anxiously.

BR,

ZB

Monday, May 6, 2013 9:39 PM
  • Then it's easy...

Just install the server like you did with the first server, and dont configure automatic site assignment on any of the sites.

No reasons to say that yo also need a new site code :-)

• Marked as answer by Zeeshan Butt Monday, May 6, 2013 11:05 PM
    Monday, May 6, 2013 10:06 PM
  • Thanks alot Ronni one more thing do i need to add new SCCM server in active directory SCCM container ? and what about site and boundaries how i need to configure this as we already have boundaries in our old SCCM server.

Thanks & Regards,

Zeeshan Butt

Monday, May 6, 2013 10:52 PM
  • Yes. You need to add the new server to the System Management container in Active Directory.

Boundaries (or Bondary Groups) are used for both Content Location and for Site Assignment. Just make sure that you don't configure Site Assignment in any of the 2 sites (this is only important, if you have clients from both sites, within the same boundary).

In most scenarios you dont need to configure Site Assignment at all.

Tuesday, May 7, 2013 5:50 AM
  • Currently i have SCCM 2012 server running in my environment and now i want to install additional SCCM 2012 on same active directory site

Just being curious: why do you want to do that?

Torsten Meringer | http://www.mssccmfaq.de

Tuesday, May 7, 2013 6:25 AM
  • Hi Torsten,

I am planning to move my SCCM 2012 server to Microsoft private cloud and unfortunately my current SCCM 2012 physical server is installed on GPT disk and i can not P2V this server because of GPT so basically what i am assuming to do is to install fresh OS on private cloud and install SCCM server on virtual machine than move my clients from old SCCM to new SCCM.

Your reviews in this will be highly appreciated.

Thanks & Regards,

Zeeshan Butt

Tuesday, May 7, 2013 6:28 AM