none
Sharepoint Email Alert notifications not working on specific mailbox

Question

• Hi Everyone

We are currently having an issue with email alert notifications which we set up on a list. It should be sending out alerts whenever a new item is added to the list. The alerts work if I set up my address as the recipient. But once I set up a notification for another Mailbox it doesnt seem to work.

The strange Thing is that the first email (email that the alert has been set up) works fine. But all the other alerts when a new item is created dont work.

Connector-Level Settings on the Exchange Server have to be right, otherwise the mails to my Mailbox wouldnt work either.

The two mailboxes are normal user mailboxes which shouldnt have any differences in configuration.

Farm-wide SharePoint Mail Settings should be right aswell, since the alerts work for my email.

Any Idea what configuration, probably on the mailboxes, could be preventing the mail from being sent out?

And why does the first mail (email that the alert has been set up) work?

Thanks for your help

Kind Regards

Kishor

Tuesday, March 21, 2017 9:37 AM

All replies

• Hi Kishor,

From your description,  first email (email that the alert has been set up) works fine, but all the other alerts don't work.

Navigate to site settings->User alerts->choose a user and click update, compare whether the alert for that library is created for the user.

Besides, check whether the issue exists in another lists.

Let the users create alerts on the library by themselves and compare the results.

Best Regards,

Lisa Chen

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Wednesday, March 22, 2017 9:59 AM