none
FIM Portal Basic User, cant see anything but name in fim portal RRS feed

• Question

• Running FIM 2010 R2 4.1.3508.0

Sharepoint 2013 foundation

a month ago when a non administrative user logged into the FIM portal they could see the basic a normal non-admin user could see.  

now when a user logs into the FIM Portal, it loads up the FIM portal page with the forefront identity managemt logo in top right and left corner, there name is displayed and the search bar on the right hand side is showing. everything else a non administrative user is suppose to see doesnt show up. all we get is a blank screen.

the users have there accountName, objectSID, and domain. if i put a non administrative user into the 'administrator' Set, they get to see the portal, but they get and see everything a administrator has. if i remove them from that set, they see nothing but the logo and there name. i have checked the appropriate MPR and made sure they are not disabled.

within the administrator page, i have checked the home page, navigation bar and they all look correct with the right 'BasicUI' in the right sections.

i have been working on this for days and i am unsure where to look next.

has anyone seen this before or know how to fix this issue?

thank you

James

Tuesday, July 15, 2014 6:03 AM

Answers

• James,

Well, to find out the root cause make a new set from administrator account having member "A" as member. Post this, create MPR for granting permission to this user for viewing few resources. When you will login with this user "A" in the portal, are you able to see those few resources? If yes, then you can achieve your goal by creating a new read permission granting MPR containing the set of users as per your requirement.

Or, if you still want to go one month back and check out what change has led this happen then you can login to portal with administrator account and go to "Search Request" and find out requests that were made to any MPR or Set within this one month of interval. May be you succeed in finding the MPR/Set which was changed.

Regards,
    Manuj Khurana

• Marked as answer by James Pereyra Wednesday, July 16, 2014 7:58 PM
    Wednesday, July 16, 2014 8:42 AM

All replies

• Hello,

Any change in your configuration?

Have you check the built-in MPR?:

• User management: Users can read attributes of their own
    • General: Users can read non-administrative configuration resources

Can you check if they are enabled and Set contain your non administrative user?

Regards,

Sylvain

Tuesday, July 15, 2014 8:04 AM
  • James,

As Sylvain suggested, do check the mentioned MPRs, and also check the grant permission MPRs if some MPR is disabled which has to be enabled.

Regards,
    Manuj Khurana

Tuesday, July 15, 2014 10:22 AM
  • Hey Sylvain

Both those MPR are enabled.

i have also checked the all non-administrative Set, all users i have been testing this issue with are in this Set

Thanks,

James

Wednesday, July 16, 2014 12:19 AM
  • hi manuj

all grant permission MPR are enabled. 

thanks

James

Wednesday, July 16, 2014 12:36 AM
  • James,

Well, to find out the root cause make a new set from administrator account having member "A" as member. Post this, create MPR for granting permission to this user for viewing few resources. When you will login with this user "A" in the portal, are you able to see those few resources? If yes, then you can achieve your goal by creating a new read permission granting MPR containing the set of users as per your requirement.

Or, if you still want to go one month back and check out what change has led this happen then you can login to portal with administrator account and go to "Search Request" and find out requests that were made to any MPR or Set within this one month of interval. May be you succeed in finding the MPR/Set which was changed.

Regards,
    Manuj Khurana

• Marked as answer by James Pereyra Wednesday, July 16, 2014 7:58 PM
    Wednesday, July 16, 2014 8:42 AM
  • Hey Manuj

creating a new Set and the new MPRs worked.

i still need to do some more configuration with it but the new non admin user can now see configuration within the portal

thank you very much for helping me get a resolution to this issue

thanks,

James

Wednesday, July 16, 2014 7:58 PM