Prevent users from sending mass email externally except for those in a certain group or OU RRS feed

• Question

• Trying to find a way I can limit users in certain OUs or by security groups in Office 365 from sending mass emails externally. 

Or actually if possible, apply a policy to do the same to all users except those maybe in a certain security group. Like would it be possible to create a group and add members I want to be able to send mass emails externally and then set it so the rest of my users are limited at a certain number of emails they can send externally? It seems like this should be possible, but I can only find a setting in Security and Compliance that is all or nothing and doesn't give me an option to create an exception for certain groups or users.

Tuesday, April 21, 2020 4:20 PM

Answers

• Sorry. Not paying attention like I should. I just noticed you can do exactly that under the Anti-Spam settings under Security and Compliance by clicking the Outbound Spam Policy button. 
    • Marked as answer by Jay9x Tuesday, April 21, 2020 5:24 PM
    Tuesday, April 21, 2020 5:24 PM

All replies

• Sorry. Not paying attention like I should. I just noticed you can do exactly that under the Anti-Spam settings under Security and Compliance by clicking the Outbound Spam Policy button. 
    • Marked as answer by Jay9x Tuesday, April 21, 2020 5:24 PM
    Tuesday, April 21, 2020 5:24 PM
  • Hi,

I'm glad to see your issue has been fixed and thanks for your sharing:)

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, April 22, 2020 1:35 AM