Remove Libraries and Homegroup from Navigation Pane and Save As RRS feed

• Question

• There seem to be a number of registry hacks on the internet to remove "Libraries" (not just individual libraries) and Homegroup from the Navigation pane and the Save As options. But I don't know if they are safe/healthy. Is there an official Microsoft way to get rid of these annoying icons---I hate always having to scroll to get to Computer....I already changed the target of Explorer icon shortcuts to Computer, and would like to do this everywhere, as I do not use libraries (yes, I know how they work) and have no Homegroup (just the one computer). I would prefer to just hide them rather than disable them, but disabling is OK if that is necessary not to have them in my face all the time and to ALWAYS have to scroll to get to where I want to Save, etc.

Many thanks for any help,

Janet

Sunday, March 25, 2012 11:12 PM

Answers

• No official ways. Additionally Microsoft does not recommend users to exclude folders from Windows Explorer navigation pane with any Registry modifying. If you want to do the Registry changes, back up the registry before you modify.

How to Backup the Registry in Windows 7, Windows Vista and Windows XP?
    http://windowsxp.mvps.org/registry.htm

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”

• Marked as answer by Arthur Xie Tuesday, April 3, 2012 3:19 AM
    Tuesday, March 27, 2012 3:31 AM