none
Error while trying to reinstall Revolution-R-Enterprise on windows 10 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello everyone,

I have recently installed R enterprise on my desktop windows 10 (obtained via dreamspark since I'm a student) and run into some unexpected errors (unfortunately I don't remember what error it was exactly, but it included some of the functions from RevoScaleR packages). One of the proposed solutions in one of the topics on stackoverflow suggested reinstalling the whole application along with dependencies, so I uninstalled the application and complementary software which was installed with it.

However, when I tried to install it again I got the following error: "Error: related product found.  Only one revolution R enterprise 8.0.x product can be installed at a time. To continue, first uninstall other related product". I uninstalled all R-related software (including base R, R studio), cleaned the registry as well as I could but the problem remains.

Any solutions to the problem?

Regards,

Dominik

Tuesday, July 19, 2016 10:10 AM

All replies

• Hi Dominik,

What version of R enterprise are you installing (8.0 or 8.0.5)? Are you trying to install it as a standalone R Server as part of SQL Server 2016?

For uninstall R Server(Standalone) version, please refer to this documentation - https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/mt695941.aspx

Thanks,

Shau Phang
    Microsoft Tiger R Team

Monday, July 25, 2016 11:43 PM