SfB Online - WARNING: "OriginalRegistrarPool" Error RRS feed

• Question

• Running a Get-CSOnlineUser reports the following error for many users in the tenant:

WARNING: "OriginalRegistrarPool" with identity "135513853" assigned to "sip:username@tenant.com" has been removed from configuration store.

The org uses AADC but has NEVER had an on-premise OCS/Lync/SfB deployment.  The users InterpretedUserType is DirSyncedPureOnline which means the issue is within Microsoft's Azure AD.

Any suggestions on how to fix?

Thanks.

Friday, September 7, 2018 5:09 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Are you seeing the warning against users who aren't enabled for Skype for Business Online?

Do you see these users in the SfB Admin Centre?

Saturday, September 8, 2018 1:33 PM
  • Hi DsDrew,

Do you have a hybird environment? Was this user moved from on-premise server to SFB online?

Firstly, you will need to clean up the user from Active Directory schema.

http://www.noelpulis.com/how-to-clean-users-active-directory-schema-from-previous-lync-installation/

You could open the SFB control panel, check the users’ registrar pool(SFB control panel->Users->registrator pool)

Note: Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. The sites are not controlled by Microsoft. Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. Please make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any suggestions from the above link.

Best Regards,
    Leon Lu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Monday, September 10, 2018 7:24 AM
  • Hi,

Are there any updates for this issue, if the reply is helpful, please try to mark it as an answer,  it will help others who have similar issue.

Best Regards,
    Leon Lu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Thursday, September 20, 2018 10:01 AM
  • Hello,

I have the same issue. We have S4B online only without an on-prem server and we never had migrated from on-prem to online for S4B. We have an dirsync server in place to sync our users from on-prem active directory to o365. In every case I work on the S4B powershell with e.g. a Get-CsOnlineUser or other cmdlets I get back a lot of warnings for a lot of users like the first post explained. I have it only in German but the meaning is the same as posted in English:

WARNUNG: "OriginalRegistrarPool" mit Identität "2010528181" und Zuweisung zu "SIP:username@domain" wurde aus dem Konfigurationsspeicher entfernt.

The question is why happens that warning? The system is online. I cannot really make changes to it.

Thank you in advance.

Markus

• Edited by MarkusEx2010 Wednesday, December 12, 2018 9:06 AM
    Wednesday, December 12, 2018 8:56 AM
  • Hello,

my solution to hide these warnings looks like this:

Use the -WarningAction SilentlyContinue switch with the command e.g. Get-CsOnlineUser and you will see that it will hide these warnings.

example:

Get-CsOnlineUser -WarningAction SilentlyContinue | fl DisplayName,SipAddress

br, Markus

• Proposed as answer by MarkusEx2010 Wednesday, December 12, 2018 9:27 AM
    Wednesday, December 12, 2018 9:26 AM
  • That does hide the warning message but does not fix the underlying issue.

When I opened a support case with Microsoft, I was told that this should not cause an issue and it was okay to just ignore the warning.  Since then, we have found that this is not true. 

I have not had a chance to circle back and find the fix for this and implement the necessary cleanup, but it is on my task list for early in the new years.  

So I will be interested in finding out what the resolution for this problem will be.  I suspect since I have so many accounts that are affected by this issue it will require some scripting.

Thursday, December 13, 2018 3:39 PM