none
How to recover resource actual work information while replacing from local to enterprise ? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Scenario is like this :

There is one resource assigned with some tasks in project plan and resource is filling in timesheets at regular periods in PWA 2010 but one PM with administrative priviledge Uncheck the Resource info"Resource can Log in to PWA" just for R & D.

So the resource becomes as local in the project plan and automatically becomes material resource,later PM/Admin change its permission again to enable to login to PWA but now PM can not replace the local one to enterprise one resource in Project paln in professional because Enterprise resource is work resource while local is material

If we change local resource to work resource ,it will lose all the data(actual work) which resource has earlier filled through timesheet.

So not getting any idea of how to recover from it..please share you views and ideas

Thanks.

Wednesday, November 30, 2011 12:01 PM

All replies

• You may be able to recover actual hours by restoring a previous backup.  You may need to do this to get the values and print them out.

Second, you will probably have to re-entry the actuals for each day.  I know that it sucks.

Also, don't copy and paste.  As a general rule this gets people in more trouble than its worth.

Cheers!

Michael Wharton, MBA, PMP, MCT, MCSD, MCSE+I, MCDBA
    www.WhartonComputer.com
    Wednesday, November 30, 2011 10:20 PM
  • Hi Michael,

Thanks for reply..!!!!!

But if i go for restore from previous backup,the plan may lose the effort done by other resources after that date when we took backup,will it not be a concern to fill those efforts again manually?

Is any tool exist which can convert material resource to work resource without losing its actuals?becasue if it happens then that local resource can be easily replaced by enterprise one resource.

Otherswise re-enter the actuals manualy looks the only solution for that.

Any idea or suggestions are welcomed.

Thanks.

Thursday, December 1, 2011 6:34 AM