Meet Now not working RRS feed

• Question

• Using meet now, Group call, send a group IM and trying to invite a caller we receive the following error

The conferencing service did not respond

However if I create a meeting using New SKYPE Meeting from my calendar I can invite people to the call.

All Servers are running ok all the required services are running and I am able to connect to the Conferencing server with no issues 

Does anyone have any ideas

Derek

Thursday, August 24, 2017 1:53 PM

All replies

• Strange.  Meet Now should always throw up a new meeting ID.  Is the one you're using in your calendar the same meeting ID each time (your dedicated meeting space)?  If you change some meeting options to get a new one does it work? Is it only your user?

I'd try going to dialin.yourdomain.com and reseting your conferencing info to see if that helps.  If you've got another pool, I'd move your account over and then back too.

I'd take a peek at this post for help too: https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/lync/en-US/9bc99f08-ca43-4486-a17f-ff3a946009de/meet-nownot-working?forum=lyncinterop

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you please click "Vote" on the left side of the response, and if it answered your question please click "Mark As Answer". SWC Unified Communications This forum post is based upon my personal experience and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, SWC, their employees, or other MVPs.

Thursday, August 24, 2017 3:08 PM
  • Many thanks this is happening for all users.

I will try resetting our conference info and let you know

Thursday, August 24, 2017 3:38 PM
  • Hi Derek Hedges,

Did you try to reset conference ID, did the issue resolved by this method?

Would you please tell us did the issue happen to internal users or external users ?

Because all of the users had this issue, please try to check if there are any event IDs in your SFB server application log.

Here is a blog about how to fix meet now issue, please refer to https://gallery.technet.microsoft.com/lync/Resolved-Meet-now-feature-669a9863

If possible, you can remove the conferencing from the topology, then publishing it. After this, running the deployment server.  Then reenabled conferencing, published the topology and ran deployment again.  After this, restart the SFB service. If you want to use this method, please try to schedule your downtime to do it.

Regards,

Alice Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Alice-Wang Friday, August 25, 2017 8:40 AM
    Friday, August 25, 2017 3:08 AM
  • Sorry for the delay after running more test I have found that this is only effecting users homed on one registrar pool as once we move them to any of the other pools meet now and invite to call work fine including inviting users from the effected pool.

so it looks like one of our FE's has the issue of not being able to use Meet now and invite to call

I am running more tests but if anyone as any ideas I would be most grateful

Thursday, August 31, 2017 7:54 AM
  • Hi Derek,

Thanks for your response, the reply is very helpful to narrow down the issue.

For the FE pool, we suggest you check if there are any events in SFB application log.

Regards,

Alice Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, September 4, 2017 8:14 AM