The Backup did not complete successfully, The file or directory is corruped or unreadable (0x80070570) RRS feed

• Question

• I have benn able to backup my computer to an internal drive (e:) specifically installed for backing up documments, 377 GB NTFS.
    I made recent changing the e drove to share mode so I can aslo include other computers on the network.  When the back up failled I reformated the e drive to start freah.  WHen the shadow coy is writting onto the e: drive, I get the following error, "The Backup did not complete successfully, The file or directory is corruped or unreadable (0x80070570)."  I have run checkdsc with no errors found.   I also ran the volume check disk options automatically fix file system erros and scan for and attempt recovery of bad sectors does not resolve the issue.  What steps should I do to resolve this issue?
    • Edited by CaptChap Wednesday, August 5, 2009 9:29 AM
    Wednesday, August 5, 2009 9:25 AM

Answers

• I scheduled a check disk on the C Drive and that has corrected the corrupted file.
    The other cool piece is that I had changed my extra drive to shared mode and creaded sub directories for each computer.
    What I have enjoy about Vista is that I dos commands are much easier to manage.

I hope this helps anyone who has gone through the frustration of working out backing up their system.

Please do not be daunted.  Backingup ou system is good discipline.
    • Marked as answer by CaptChap Thursday, August 6, 2009 7:40 AM
    Thursday, August 6, 2009 7:40 AM