gadgets RRS feed

• Question

• hi
    I installed avg suite and on installation the calender gadget stopped working. After testing avg and then uninstalling it I noticed the calender gadget still did not work.
    As its only a beta I decided to try the  uninstall of the gadget which worked ok but as I was going to reinstall it i found that I did not know were to find it. ( how silly of me).
    never mind.
    does anyone know .
    Perhaps its on the disc but if its lurking in a directory somewhere can you let me know.
    I have thrown all sorts of apps at windows 7 trying to break it (unsuccesfully) and I have succeeded through a silly act such as uninstalling a gadget. my fault entirely.
    all the best 
    malc 
    Monday, March 23, 2009 7:57 PM

Answers

• malcp said:

hi
    I installed avg suite and on installation the calender gadget stopped working. After testing avg and then uninstalling it I noticed the calender gadget still did not work.
    As its only a beta I decided to try the  uninstall of the gadget which worked ok but as I was going to reinstall it i found that I did not know were to find it. ( how silly of me).
    never mind.
    does anyone know .
    Perhaps its on the disc but if its lurking in a directory somewhere can you let me know.
    I have thrown all sorts of apps at windows 7 trying to break it (unsuccesfully) and I have succeeded through a silly act such as uninstalling a gadget. my fault entirely.
    all the best 
    malc 

Hi

Right click the Desktop and select Gadgets.
    In the Gadgets window, look at the lower/right corner and click the Get more gadgets online link.

When the gadgets website opens, type Gadgets 1.1 in the Search Box at the top of the page.
    Press the Search Button.

You should see the Windows 7 default Calendar Gadget in the results.
    Click the Download Button. Download the Gadget to the Desktop.
    Double click the downloaded file to install.

You should now see that calendar in the gadgets window.

Hope this helps.

Thank You for testing Windows 7 Beta

Ronnie Vernon MVP
    Monday, March 23, 2009 10:48 PM

All replies

• malcp said:

hi
    never mind.
    does anyone know .
    all the best 
    malc 

Hi

Right click the Desktop and select Gadgets.
    In the Gadgets window, look at the lower/right corner and click the Get more gadgets online link.

When the gadgets website opens, type Gadgets 1.1 in the Search Box at the top of the page.
    Press the Search Button.

You should see the Windows 7 default Calendar Gadget in the results.
    Click the Download Button. Download the Gadget to the Desktop.
    Double click the downloaded file to install.

You should now see that calendar in the gadgets window.

Hope this helps.

Thank You for testing Windows 7 Beta

Ronnie Vernon MVP
    Monday, March 23, 2009 10:48 PM
  • hi ron
    thanks for the info

i did this but the calendar gadget was not there but I have found how to restore gadgets from windows help.
    for anyone who wants to know click on start then control panel. In the search box type restore gadgets. In the results there is a link to restore the windows desktop gadgets, click this and it is done.
    all the best
    malc
    Wednesday, March 25, 2009 7:55 PM