none
Multi-tenant hybrid environment Exchange 2013 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi There,

We are currently running an Exchange 2010 SP2 Hybrid environment and plan to setup Multi-tenancy in the near future. As i expected the Multi-tenancy (Exchange 2010 SP2) whitepaper states it's not possible to fully isolate data between tenants in this setup and thus not supported by Microsoft.

My question is:  does migrating to Exchange 2013 allows us to setup a hybrid environment combined with Multi-tenancy. I was not able to find any documentation concerning this scenario. So in case this is possible i would love to get hear from those with experience building this solution. Any tips, helpfull documentation or comments would be much appreciated.

Friday, May 24, 2013 12:44 PM

Answers

• Hi there,

have you taken a look at the multi-tenancy guide for Exchange 2013? It states the following:

Hybrid Relationships are set once per organization.

Establishing a hybrid relationship with Office 365 is not recommended if you have configured Exchange 2013 for multi-tenancy as it may expose data between tenants.

The Hybrid Configuration Wizard and the configuration used to establish a Hybrid relationship with Office 365 was not designed to work with Exchange 2013 in a multi-tenant configuration.

It is not supported to configure or attempt to configure your Exchange 2013 organization to have a hybrid relationship with multiple Office 365 tenants.

It is not supported to modify the provided directory sync solution or configure your own Directory Sync solution between Exchange 2013 and Office 365 to try and restrict the objects that are in scope of replication.  

Hope this provides you with enough information. Basically it's the same. You cannot guarantee data isolation and therefore shouldn't/can't do it :)

-Michael

Michael Van Horenbeeck
    Check out my blog or find me on twitter

• Marked as answer by Dennis Online Tuesday, May 28, 2013 11:03 AM
    Tuesday, May 28, 2013 9:04 AM

All replies

• Hi Dennis,

Did you check the document below?

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh534377(v=exchg.150).aspx

You may use key T to show/hide the navigation manu.

Hope it is helpful.

Fiona Liao
    TechNet Community Support

Monday, May 27, 2013 3:41 AM
  • Hi there,

have you taken a look at the multi-tenancy guide for Exchange 2013? It states the following:

Hybrid Relationships are set once per organization.

Establishing a hybrid relationship with Office 365 is not recommended if you have configured Exchange 2013 for multi-tenancy as it may expose data between tenants.

The Hybrid Configuration Wizard and the configuration used to establish a Hybrid relationship with Office 365 was not designed to work with Exchange 2013 in a multi-tenant configuration.

It is not supported to configure or attempt to configure your Exchange 2013 organization to have a hybrid relationship with multiple Office 365 tenants.

It is not supported to modify the provided directory sync solution or configure your own Directory Sync solution between Exchange 2013 and Office 365 to try and restrict the objects that are in scope of replication.  

Hope this provides you with enough information. Basically it's the same. You cannot guarantee data isolation and therefore shouldn't/can't do it :)

-Michael

Michael Van Horenbeeck
    Check out my blog or find me on twitter

• Marked as answer by Dennis Online Tuesday, May 28, 2013 11:03 AM
    Tuesday, May 28, 2013 9:04 AM
  • It sure does, thank you very much!

Tuesday, May 28, 2013 11:04 AM