Tasks in Outlook and Busness Contact Manager(BCM) RRS feed

• Question

• Having Upgraded from BCM 2003 and Outlook 2007 to BCM 2008 and Outlook 2010. I have found that from an email in outlook a task can be created with the text in the body, this is great. In BCM our company uses Auto linking of emails to help track job requestes and conversations. What I want to do is look at an email(easy), create a Task from the email (easy) and be able to auto link the Task with the email sender, so that when I look at history in BCM we can Identify that a task was created and what occured from that task, this is able to be done "manually", through "Link to Record" but I want to set it up so it just happens when I ceate a task from an Email. Any Tips? More to the point instructions would be better? If you could show me how to do it it would be great!!!! Thanking you for any help AP
    • Moved by tonysoper_MSFT Monday, August 8, 2011 2:52 PM Wrong Forum (From:TechNet Wiki Discussion)
    Monday, August 8, 2011 5:42 AM

Answers

• Hi Andrew

Thank you for the feedback.  Unfortunately I do not see a way to automatically create or link a task to a BCM item using the steps you descirbed above.  The only way I could find to do that is to create a task directly from the Business Contact - but then that task would be independent of the email that you wanted as the source of the email to begin with.

Thanks!

Larry 

Larry - MSFT
    Friday, August 19, 2011 5:22 PM
    Answerer

All replies

• Replying to my thread to make sure I've set up the alerts right.

Andrew Paull
    Monday, August 8, 2011 5:47 AM
  • Hi Andrew

Thank you for the feedback.  Unfortunately I do not see a way to automatically create or link a task to a BCM item using the steps you descirbed above.  The only way I could find to do that is to create a task directly from the Business Contact - but then that task would be independent of the email that you wanted as the source of the email to begin with.

Thanks!

Larry 

Larry - MSFT
    Friday, August 19, 2011 5:22 PM
    Answerer