none
DPM 2012 SP1 Rollup 3 - Console Crashed constantly RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All

I am facing a huge issue we moved from Symantec Backup Exec to DPM 2012 about a 2 weeks ago and the short term backups work perfectly from what i can see. The problem is that the console crashes from time to time and that i cannot get more than 1TB of data to tape. This is really frustrating as MS always has issues with the product and the support on the internet is virtually zero.Do any of you have a working solution for the below?

Connection to the DPM service has been lost.

Review the application event log for information about a possible service shutdown. Verify that the following services are not disabled:
                DPM
                DPM Replication Agent
                SQLAgent$MSSQLSERVER
                MSSQL$MSSQLSERVER
                Virtual Disk Service
                Volume Shadow Copy

ID: 917

Your assistance will be appreciated it on this. If i cannot get it resolved i will have to chuck SC DPM 2012 out the door

Thursday, October 31, 2013 5:38 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Console crashes are usually caused by either SQL connectivity issues, or DPMDB inconsistencies.  The MSDPMCURR.ERRLOG will contain the stack trace of the crash.  I urge you to open a support case to troubleshoot the cause of the console crash.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Friday, November 1, 2013 2:57 PM