none
Bounceback Troubleshooting - RFC compliance? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi There,

I am having issue sending mail to one domain at this time.  Our Exchange 2010 server has been working fine up till now (that we know of :)).

AN NDR was returned saying the following server (not my mail server):

• bkdisrv101.bkdi.com gave this error:
      Message is not RFC compliant

Since I'm not 100% sure whats going on, I assume my setup is not correct, and that BKDI.COM is correct.

Some reading lead me to believe my EHLO message is not the same as my DNS record, and maybe that is problem.

My public DNS value is something like:  mail.myDomain.com

And my exchange's internal FQDN does not match the above (IE):  EXCH01.myCompany.local

In the header messages of outgoing internet mail I see references to the FQDN... but I know that probably doesn't relate to the EHLO message when the 1st connection is made.

So... I'm a bit stumped.  Moreso since I'm only having this problem with one domain at this time.   A tech @ BKDI.COM didn't return my call today, maybe cause he was busy fixing a problem on his end.

Any suggestions?

-Drew

Drew
    Wednesday, December 7, 2011 5:00 AM

Answers

• Have a look here (Understanding Send Connectors) - http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa998662.aspx - expand the section called FQDN. All information you need is there.

Why email to just 1 domain fails is probable because they filter against SPAM a bit harder than normally.

Jesper Bernle | Microsoft Community Contributor 2011 Awardee
    • Proposed as answer by Sophia Xu Thursday, December 8, 2011 6:43 AM
    • Marked as answer by Sophia Xu Wednesday, December 14, 2011 2:45 AM
    Wednesday, December 7, 2011 2:00 PM