none
IE 11 Crashs with Java 8 and Reflections RRS feed

• Question

• I have had a number of Dell PC's that are crashing when using Java and Reflections for the web 2014  I have tried a number of things. Removed old Java installs, reset IE, removed Java and re-installed. So far the only thing that helps is re-staging the PC with the same updates and the same version of Java. The Java version we are using is 8.25. I am currently testing the following; remove all Java versions. Install Java version 7.17 ( this is the version Reflections installs when you do not have Java installed). Anyone have any help?

Thanks.

Bill

MCSE MCP CCNA

Friday, January 16, 2015 5:58 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Bill,

Thanks for your reply.

Based on my knowledge, the issue is likely to be caused by the compatibiliy issue, so would you please use the tool autoruns to disable third-party services under IE and see if that helps:

1. Download and install autoruns

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb963902.aspx

2. Disable services under IE

If that didn't help, we may involve the java application vendor to check the issue together, for more information, please refer to:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/b3474068-8b3b-469d-b279-53182bbc2429/ie-11-java-compatible-issue?forum=w8itproappcompat

Thanks for your time and please feel free to let me know if anything is unclear.

Best Regards,

Susie

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

• Proposed as answer by Cloud_TSModerator Thursday, January 29, 2015 7:50 AM
    • Marked as answer by BowlingSS Thursday, January 29, 2015 11:38 AM
    Wednesday, January 21, 2015 3:16 AM
  • Hi BowlingSS,

What’s the current situation? Does the suggestion above help you resolve this issue?

If you have any feedback or issue, please feel free to let us now.

Thanks

Alex Zhao
    TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, January 27, 2015 8:15 AM