none
Exchange 2010 unable to receive and Send emails externally RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Friends,

I bought domain from Google and registered . I can send emails internally but unable to send or receive emails from external clients or server's . Can someone explain me what changes we need to do in DNS-MX Records on google side and Exchange side . I removed Firewall as well . All ports are open (25,143,110,80).

Thanks in advance

Regards 

Sunday, September 22, 2019 8:03 PM

Answers

• Same issue here in Outlook and OWA? Is there any bounce message in the sender's inbox?

Could you share more details of your environment architecture? For example, Exchange server's version build, amount and installed server roles and etc..

>> Can someone explain me what changes we need to do in DNS-MX Records on google side and Exchange side.

Sending external messages only requires a send connector in Exchange.

Configure Send Connector Properties

Set the address space to * and you could send message to all external domains. Besides, better select Use domain name system (DNS) "MX" records to route mail automatically to bypass the smart hosts.

If you have already set it up, please run the following command and send me the output:

Get-SendConnector | fl

Receiving external message required a public MX record in external DNS provider, we need the default receive connector to receive all incoming messages and generally no changes are required to set in those connectors.

For details, see Configure DNS records

If all the settings above are configured well but issue still persists, please feel free to let me know.

Regards,

Manu Meng

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Monday, September 23, 2019 9:45 AM

All replies

• Hi

Can you telnet to that ip on port 25 externally?

Is anonymous ticked on the connector? Are you sending to DNS or to a smart host on your send connector?

Hope this helps. Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Monday, September 23, 2019 3:58 AM
    Owner
  • Same issue here in Outlook and OWA? Is there any bounce message in the sender's inbox?

Could you share more details of your environment architecture? For example, Exchange server's version build, amount and installed server roles and etc..

>> Can someone explain me what changes we need to do in DNS-MX Records on google side and Exchange side.

Sending external messages only requires a send connector in Exchange.

Configure Send Connector Properties

Set the address space to * and you could send message to all external domains. Besides, better select Use domain name system (DNS) "MX" records to route mail automatically to bypass the smart hosts.

If you have already set it up, please run the following command and send me the output:

Get-SendConnector | fl

Receiving external message required a public MX record in external DNS provider, we need the default receive connector to receive all incoming messages and generally no changes are required to set in those connectors.

For details, see Configure DNS records

If all the settings above are configured well but issue still persists, please feel free to let me know.

Regards,

Manu Meng

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Monday, September 23, 2019 9:45 AM
  • Hi Manu Meng,

Thanks for Response. Can you send me your email ID So that i can send you some screenshots and other details.

Regards

Monday, September 23, 2019 1:21 PM
  • The response was:

550 5.1.1 The email account that you tried to reach does not exist. Please try double-checking the recipient's email address for typos or unnecessary spaces. Learn more at https://support.google.com/mail/?p=NoSuchUser z16sor9899358iol.122 - gsmtp

Monday, September 23, 2019 6:08 PM
  • The Response from the remote server was : 550 5.7.1 unable to relay for xxxxxx@akoshak.com
    Tuesday, September 24, 2019 1:03 AM
  • Yes it's Ticked and I am sending through DNS
    Tuesday, September 24, 2019 11:39 AM
  • Hi Manu Meng,

Thanks for Response. Can you send me your email ID So that i can send you some screenshots and other details.

Regards

It is not appropriate to do that, better send the details in another post (remember to remove the sensitive info).

Regards,

Manu Meng

Wednesday, September 25, 2019 10:31 AM
  • The Response from the remote server was : 550 5.7.1 unable to relay for xxxxxx@akoshak.com

Is that the bounce error when sending from Exchange to external domain?

Regards,

Manu Meng

Wednesday, September 25, 2019 10:37 AM
  • Just checking in to see if above information was helpful. Please let us know if you would like further assistance.

Regards, 

Manu Meng

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Friday, September 27, 2019 11:00 AM