Outlook 2013 RunVirtual breaks PDF preview handler. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

We have Office 2013 locally installed and use RunVirtual which breaks the PDF handler. The following error is displayed: This file cannot be previewed because there is no previewer installed for it which is true when I check trust center within Outlook the PDF handler is gone.

This is not a huge problem, however, it's impossible to open a PDF file as well. When you double-click it or choose open nothing happens, no error nothing. You have to save the PDF to the local disk first and only then you can open it which is no option for some users.

Env is Win2012R2, Office 2013 32-bit, Acrobat DC 32-bit. Office and Acrobat are locally installed. Of course protected mode in Adobe has been disabled and when I remove the RunVirtual key for OUTLOOK.EXE suddenly everything starts working like it should.

Btw one more thing the package I'm runvirtual into has all the required com integration options enabled.

Any idea?

Monday, August 22, 2016 9:51 AM

Answers

• Ok nvm I solved my own problem. This was caused by one package within the connection group already having an Adobe Registry key. After excluding that key from sequencing it now works as it should.

• Marked as answer by Martijn Kools Monday, August 22, 2016 10:21 AM
    Monday, August 22, 2016 10:21 AM