How to enable the edit/dropdown option on each file in a document library RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

Firstly i am not very familiar with Sharepoint 2007, so please excuse me if I ask silly questions.

So we still run Sharepoint 2007 and yesterday i created a new site and document library. I would like to enable the option so when you hover over a file in the document library you have the option to check it out, edit it, delete it etc.

I struggled alot yesterday creating the site and the document library but got there in the end. As you can hear i am not a sharepoint admin.

Any help would be appreciated. 

Thursday, September 18, 2014 12:51 PM

Answers

• Hello,

Basically ECB menu is available for each document where you can do all the operations which you mentioned. hover feature is not supported by default. See below image for your ref:(avoid infopath options)

Let us know if you need any clarification

Hemendra:Yesterday is just a memory,Tomorrow we may never see
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help

Monday, September 29, 2014 7:05 AM

All replies

• Out of box you dont get this option in SharePoint 2007. You have to select the file and on top you will see option to check out the file or edit or delete it.

Or you will have to custom code it.

If this helped you resolve your issue, please mark it Answered

Thursday, September 18, 2014 1:02 PM
  • Hi Inderjeet,

I cant actually select it unless i click on it, but then it will ask me to open it in read only or edit mode?

Thursday, September 18, 2014 2:41 PM
  • You need to select any item in that list not particularly the attachment. 

If this helped you resolve your issue, please mark it Answered

Friday, September 19, 2014 5:41 AM
  • clicking on any file will open it, not select it. Thank you anyway for your responses but did not solve my issue.
    Thursday, September 25, 2014 7:16 PM
  • Hello,

Basically ECB menu is available for each document where you can do all the operations which you mentioned. hover feature is not supported by default. See below image for your ref:(avoid infopath options)

Let us know if you need any clarification

Hemendra:Yesterday is just a memory,Tomorrow we may never see
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help

Monday, September 29, 2014 7:05 AM