none
Create partitions in MSL2024 tape library with DPM 2012 SP1 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

Kindly i have DPM 2012 SP1 server that is connected to Tape library MSL2024,and actually it is my first time with tape libraries and i need to know if i can group two or three tapes together, so i can specify where to store my long term backup.

also may i know what is best practice to use tapes libraries with DPM 2012, please advise.

Regards,

Ahmed 

Saturday, March 2, 2013 6:12 PM

Answers

• Hi,

DPM has flat tape management model and will use tapes as needed from any slot that has a free tape. You can control which protection groups can be co-located on a tape by setting up co-location tape sets.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Sunday, March 3, 2013 5:17 PM

All replies

• Dears

is there a way in DPM 2012 with MSL 2024 tape library connected to it. to create partitions from two or three tapes like Symantec Backup exec??

Or is there any way to specify on which tape my long term backup will be located.

regards,

ahmed

Sunday, March 3, 2013 10:59 AM
  • Hi,

DPM has flat tape management model and will use tapes as needed from any slot that has a free tape. You can control which protection groups can be co-located on a tape by setting up co-location tape sets.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Sunday, March 3, 2013 5:17 PM