none
Group By - Project Center View RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I created a view with some field and decided to group it by a custom field. When i see the view in the project center the fields are ok but in the row of the group (Yellow one) in some columns they show a value for that group and other they don’t show. For example: The Columns Start shows the max data of all project at the group but the Baseline Star don’t show any value.

The question is: Why the value appears in some columns and don’t appear in others?

Thanks in advance

Hugo Cristina

Wednesday, October 10, 2012 10:47 AM

All replies

• Hi there--

May be the some of the projects don't have the baseline data. You may try to set the baseline (between 0-10) & publish the project. Views should have the updated data.

Thanks.

If you found this post helpful, please “Vote as Helpful”. If it answered your question, please “Mark as Answer”. Thanks, Amit Khare |EPM Consultant| Blog: http://amitkhare82.blogspot.com http://www.linkedin.com/in/amitkhare82

Wednesday, October 10, 2012 10:56 AM
  • Hi Amit

Thanks for the reply.

All of the projects have baseline saved as you can see from the picture

Translate:

Início Planeado -> Baseline Start

Fim Planeado -> Baseline Finish

Início -> Start

Fim -> Finish

Thanks in advance

Wednesday, October 10, 2012 11:07 AM
  • Hi Cristina

I think I understood you.

The yellow field (row) which you are talking about is not for a project. Its 'grouped by row' which shows a summary for all the projects under it.

So this Group by gives a idea of the start date & end date of the projects grouped under it. But again since it is not a project, no baseline values are visible there. If it clears doubt please check.

Manish

Wednesday, October 10, 2012 1:44 PM
  • Hi Manish

Thanks for the reply.

Should the behavior be the same?

Like you say, the summary line is not a project but it shows the (min) start and (max) finish of the projects of that group. Why the project center don't do the same with the Baseline Start and Baseline Finish?

Thanks in advance

Wednesday, October 10, 2012 2:05 PM
  • Hugo:

In Project 2012, the Baseline Start and Baseline Finish fields are actually text fields. The fields that actually contain the data are Baseline Estimated Start, and Baseline Estimated Finish. Use these fields and they should rollup.

This change was made in 2010 to support Manually scheduled tasks. With that said, rolling up baselines is much less interesting that rolling up variance.

Gary Chefetz, MCITP, MCP, MVP msProjectExperts
    Project and Project ServerFAQs
    Project Server Help BLOG

Thursday, October 11, 2012 9:00 AM
  • Hi Gary,

Thanks for the Reply.

I add the Baseline Estimated Start, and Baseline Estimated Finish to my view but they didn't rollup, as you can see in the picture.

Thanks in advance

Thursday, October 11, 2012 9:51 AM