Outlook 2007 is disconnected after move mailbox from exchange 2007 to 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Guys,

I managed to setup an coexist environment for exchange 2007 and exchange 2010 and now I am on the testing stage.  I am trying to move a mailbox from 2007 to 2010, the request finished but the Outlook client still connected to the 2007 server even after I restart the client.  What I have to do is manually do a "Check name" on the client to resolove this.  Any help would be great!  Thanks!

Thursday, March 17, 2011 11:35 AM

Answers

• Hi Dc108.

Per my known, the information store and the outlook client will keep the cache for a period of time, so, please wait for around two hours and then check it, if we want to change it immediately, we could repair the outlook profile or follow your referred.

Regards!
    Gavin
    Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Proposed as answer by Gavin-Zhang Wednesday, March 23, 2011 3:01 AM
    • Marked as answer by Gavin-Zhang Monday, March 28, 2011 2:37 AM
    Wednesday, March 23, 2011 3:01 AM

All replies

• What you need to remember is that in Exchange 2010, the clients do not connect directly to the mailbox role, they go through the CAS role, so it sounds like you need to set the RPCClientAccessServer to point to the new Exchange 2010 server.

Do this via PowerShell

GET-MAILBOXDATA | SET-MAILBOXDATABASE -RPCCLIENTACCESSSERVER <FQDN OF NEW CAS SERVER>
    Thursday, March 17, 2011 12:04 PM
  • I just did a check on the database with

Get-MailboxDatabase <DB name> | fl RpcClientAccessserver

and it returned with my new 2010 CAS/HUB server already, because I am not using the CAS Array approach.

Thursday, March 17, 2011 1:17 PM
  • Hi Dc108.

Per my known, the information store and the outlook client will keep the cache for a period of time, so, please wait for around two hours and then check it, if we want to change it immediately, we could repair the outlook profile or follow your referred.

Regards!
    Gavin
    Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Proposed as answer by Gavin-Zhang Wednesday, March 23, 2011 3:01 AM
    • Marked as answer by Gavin-Zhang Monday, March 28, 2011 2:37 AM
    Wednesday, March 23, 2011 3:01 AM