none
Adding a custom field to a report (table) RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have added a custom field to my Gantt chart - the field contains a formula, and data is displayed as a traffic light. When I add this field as a column to a table report, it only displays the number and not the traffic light.

How do I fix this?

Br.

Anne

Tuesday, March 13, 2018 2:43 PM

All replies

• AnneR-dk,

First of all which version of Project are you using? Is it fully updated?

Which report are you using? Which custom field?

Without more information our ability to help is limited.

John

Tuesday, March 13, 2018 2:46 PM
  • I am using MS Project 2016.

I added a custom field (number) - so I set up some formulas which calculate a score. Then I added graphical indicators to the field. And added the field as a column in the Gantt view.

In the report section, I created a new custom report (table), which shows all my active tasks, start and finish, work - and my custom field. The problem is now, that I want to show the graphical indicators (like in the column I added to the Gantt view), but it only shows the calculated score (value). How do I make it show the graphical indicators?

Br.

Anne

• Edited by AnneR-dk Wednesday, March 14, 2018 9:53 AM
    Wednesday, March 14, 2018 9:53 AM
  • Anne,

Since you have Project 2016 I'm guessing the custom report you are referring to is a dashboard report and not one of the built-in reports. The dashboard reports were introduced in Project 2013 and unfortunately I only have Project 2010 so I can't help you further. Hopefully someone else will jump in and offer their assistance.

John

Wednesday, March 14, 2018 4:11 PM
  • Hi Anne,

Have a look at Ismet's article @ http://www.ismetkocaman.com/MSPROJECT/Indicator_Demo.html 

Ben Howard [MVP] | web | blog | book | downloads | P2O

Thursday, March 15, 2018 8:49 AM