none
Remove server from Protection Group: error 419 DPM could not set security permissions on the replica RRS feed

• Question

• Hi folks,

I've got a DPM2012 R2 server with UR 14! Here is the following issue I have:

I've got a server in a Protection group (PG) for system BMR backup. I need to remove it from the PG, but it fails to achieve it.

I get :

error 419 DPM could not set security permissions on the replica or recovery point volume that was created.

Error détails: The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process

Recommended action: Review the error détails, take approriate action and rery the operation

Thing is I just want to get rid of the server in the PG.  Can't we force DPM to remove the server from the PG (by powershell cmd?)

Thank you for your feedback

Regards,

Tuesday, January 16, 2018 5:03 PM

Answers

• house keeping - closing old post.

It sounds like the BMR Share was still active or perhaps anti-virus has a handle open on the volume - a reboot should close the handle(s) and allow you to remove it from protection.

Regards
    Mike Jacquet

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Friday, January 10, 2020 9:01 PM