none
Exchange 2010 Mail Loop

Question

• A local loop was detected in Exchange server 2010.  Edge Server reports this error some times until I restart the transport service. What could be the problem ?

Tuesday, March 15, 2016 7:34 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

Local loop specifically comes when ports are blocked or authentication has stopped between exchange edge to HUB and vice versa.

Would like to suggest you to check the edge sync between hub and edge.

It may got expired. Other wise check the ports requirement between hub to edge and edge to external.

Regards, Krselva. Please remember to mark the replies as answers if its helps you, and unmark the answers if it is not help you.

Tuesday, March 15, 2016 9:45 AM
  • Hi Krselva

How can i check if authentication has stopped between exchange edge to HUB Server. The mail flow is normal most of the time but some times messages in the Edge server queu show that there is a local loop. The issue is resolved when I restart the transport service. Then it happens like 1 -2 hours later. Can we say this is issue is related to a blocked port ?

Local loop error is only for incoming messages. Edge sync also show successful when I test.
    • Edited by Yuusuf090 Tuesday, March 15, 2016 1:53 PM
    Tuesday, March 15, 2016 1:46 PM
  • Hi,

Would be please post the detailed error message of this problem, it would be better to help us make further understanding with this problem.

Have you ever checked Event log if there is any other message relate with this problem? The blog below post a solution with possible reason of Edge Server mail loop, please take it as reference:

http://blogs.technet.com/b/exchange/archive/2013/03/28/mysterious-mail-loop-on-edge-transport-server-check-your-size-limits.aspx

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, March 17, 2016 11:03 AM
  • Hi,

Since its only incoming mail issue. Could you check below perspective.

Check the Antispam or gateway.

Also check the MX record & pointer reachability from internet. (check if u have any network issue)

Also check transport agent in Edge.

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb125012(v=exchg.150).aspx

Share if you observed with any abnormal event registered in event viewer.

Regards, Krselva. Please remember to mark the replies as answers if its helps you, and unmark the answers if it is not help you.

Wednesday, March 23, 2016 11:48 AM