none
This meeting is not in the Calendar folder for this account. Responses to this meeting will not be tallied RRS feed

• Question

• I've search quite a bit on this error and there may not be a solution, but here goes anyway ...

I have Outlook 2010 on Windows 7 and Outlook 365 on Windows 10. These problems occur on both computers. I have several calendars that are shared and located on the Internet. Per other threads, I have located these calendars in their own .pst file and marked that file as the default data file. If I send an invitation from one of these calendars I get the message, "This meeting is not in the Calendar folder for this account. Responses to this meeting will not be tallied." I understand that is because this calendar is not my "default" calendar. Is there a way to designate a calendar as the default other than the "Calendar (this computer only)"?

Second problem. On receiving and accepting the invitation on the invitee's computer, the event goes into the "Calendar (this computer only)", not the calendar I want it to go to. Again, certainly because "Calendar (this computer only)" is the default calendar. Can I set the default to some other Calendar?

I am not using Exchange.

Tuesday, July 16, 2019 4:11 AM

All replies

• Hi,

>> This meeting is not in the Calendar folder for this account. Responses to this meeting will not be tallied.
    This is the standard warning message when the meeting is not on your default calendar. If you send it, the responses will not automatically update the tracking. Because when Outlook processes the responses, it only looks for the event in your default calendar.

>> Is there a way to designate a calendar as the default other than the "Calendar (this computer only)"?
    >> Can I set the default to some other Calendar?
    Go to File > Account Settings, set both normal email account and the date file of this account to be default. Then the calendar of this account will be set as default calendar.

Hope this can be helpful.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, July 17, 2019 2:20 AM
  • My "normal" email account data file is m**@m**m.org.pst. The "Set as Default" option is grayed out. Email is on an IMAP server. Does this mean what you've suggested is not possible?

Wednesday, July 17, 2019 7:41 AM
  • Hi,

Thanks for your updates.

>> Email is on an IMAP server

The data file used by IMAP can't be set as default data file in Outlook 2010. This is because IMAP doesn't support calendar and contacts and Outlook needs them in the default data file.

If possible, it is suggested to apply for an Outlook.com account (Exchange account), which is more compatible with the Outlook client.

Hope this can be helpful.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Thursday, July 18, 2019 9:38 AM
  • Hi,

Have you got the issue fixed?

I'm writing to see if the reply above is helpful to you. If yes, would you mind helping mark the reply as answer? So that others who might have a similar question can benefit from your thread? Thanks for your understanding and support.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Monday, July 22, 2019 9:20 AM
  • Still working on this -- it's a very time consuming issue. The initial work-around was to accept invitations which would put those into the "Calendar (this computer only)". The user conceded to live with copying the event to the correct calendar.

However, today it seems that when the user accepts the invitation, it still goes into the "Calendar (this computer only)", but apparently ALSO goes into his personal Internet calendar. I'm investigating further to see if this was a one-off fluke or depends on the order in which the calendars are listed, etc.

Will report back. (BTW - Windows 10, Outlook 365).

Tuesday, July 23, 2019 7:29 PM
  • Hi,

It has been a while, how is everything going?

If you need further assistance, please feel free to post back.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Thursday, July 25, 2019 9:04 AM
  • Sorry, still investigating. It appears that when the user accepts a message from outside the office domain it goes into "Calendar (this computer only)" and also into his personal Internet calendar. Invites sent from the office domain only go into "Calendar (this computer only)" and he has to copy them from there to the correct calendar.

He's only received one event from outside the office domain, so this is not a definitive test. I am having him solicit invitations from other outside accounts to see if this is consistent or a fluke.

Thursday, July 25, 2019 9:13 PM
  • Aidan - I think I'll consider this one closed. Possible the user was mistaken that accepting an outside invite went into his Internet calendar as well as his default calendar. He has not been able to reproduce this.

I'd like to mark your response of Thursday, July 18, 2019 9:38 AM as "Answer", but that option is now missing on that. If you are able to select that answer, go for it.

• Proposed as answer by jmarkfoley Tuesday, July 30, 2019 3:24 PM
    Sunday, July 28, 2019 2:09 AM
  • Hi,

Thanks for your updates and patience:)

>> I'd like to mark your response of Thursday, July 18, 2019 9:38 AM as "Answer", but that option is now missing on that. If you are able to select that answer, go for it.

Thanks for your support. You can mark any of my replies above even your latest reply. This will be useful because others who might have a similar question can benefit from your thread.

Thanks again.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Tuesday, July 30, 2019 9:56 AM
  • Hi jmarkfoley,

I see that you have proposed your reply as answer, thanks for your support. And if possible, could you please mark your reply as answer rather than propose? Because a answered thread will help more users.

Thanks for your understanding and patience:)

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Wednesday, July 31, 2019 1:21 AM
  • Sorry to be a newbie and take up space with this, but how do I mark my answer (or any other) as "Answer"? My options on all responses are, Reply, Quote, Propose as answer. Additionally, for my posts I have Edit and Delete. For other posts (e.g. yours) I have 'Report as abuse'. For my specifically proposed answer I have 'Unpropose as answer'. I see no 'Answer' option.
    Wednesday, July 31, 2019 3:48 AM
  • Hi,

It's OK:) no need to say sorry.

I notice that the name of this thread's owner is "jmarkfoleyjr", but the replies after you post is on the behalf of "jmarkfoley". Only the owner of this thread can mark replies as answer, so please user the original account "jmarkfoleyjr" to mark the replies as answers.

Thanks for your support and patience.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Wednesday, July 31, 2019 6:29 AM
  • Hi,

Sorry for bothering, but I am thinking that whether you can mark your reply as answer successfully now? Because others who might have a similar question can benefit from your thread? 

Thanks for your understanding and support.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Friday, August 2, 2019 9:22 AM
  • Sorry Aidan - I have no idea how I got here with the jmarkfoleyjr sign on. I have two Microsoft Live IDs (not sure why I have two of those, either). I've tried them both. One gives the jmarkfoley login as I've been using here and the other gives markfoley -- neither of them are jmarkfoleyjr. I've use the jmarkfoley on for this technet forum and apparently the markfoley one for the answers.microsoft forum.

After doing more searching, it's possible a posting I made on github redirected and/or reposted me here. I do have a jmarkfoleyjr account there. I've no idea how that redirection happened and no idea how to log in here with that ID -- if that's what happened.

I'm afraid you'll have to ask an Admin to close this question. I know not how.

Saturday, August 3, 2019 2:32 AM