Explorer Folder Tree Listing RRS feed

• Question

• I am looking for a way to turn on a list view as we had in Windows XP.  Whereby when the "Folders" button was selected, the drilled-down folder tree appeared on the left of the main window.
    This is something we use a lot and I have been asked to see if it can either be added into Windows 7 or if there is a way to enable it already.
    Monday, May 25, 2009 2:54 AM

Answers

• Do you have the Navigation pane settings in folder options turned on? There are 2 of them, show all folders and automatically expand to current folder.
    Monday, May 25, 2009 11:18 PM
    Answerer

All replies

• Derek Bannard,

When the folder is open, at the top left there is a button labelled 'Organize'. If you click that drop down, there is an option called 'Layout'.
    In the Layout menu is 'Navigation Pane'. Is that what you were referring to?

Let me know...
    Monday, May 25, 2009 4:15 AM
    Answerer
  • Yes...and no.  I was looking for a way to make the navigation pane look like Windows XP with the full directory structure.  Currently it is all but useless the way it is in Windows 7.
    Monday, May 25, 2009 11:16 PM
  • Do you have the Navigation pane settings in folder options turned on? There are 2 of them, show all folders and automatically expand to current folder.
    Monday, May 25, 2009 11:18 PM
    Answerer
  • Those are the options!  Thanks!!!

Monday, May 25, 2009 11:20 PM
  • Awesome. That's how I have mine setup too.  And if you are further interested, I found this helpful tidbit since I didn't like explorer always opening to my Libraries.
    Monday, May 25, 2009 11:24 PM
    Answerer