none
Modify SOA for all zones? RRS feed

• Question

• Can anyone suggest the easiest way to modify SOA refresh, retry and expire for all zones on a 2012 R2 DNS server with a couple hundred zones? 

Thanks

Bill Coulter

Monday, October 23, 2017 5:04 PM

Answers

• Not helpful. I found that when I googled the issue before posting it here. 

I ended up using Notepad++ to search and replace in the directory containing the zone files. That is the solution I would recommend to anyone with the same question. 

Bill Coulter

• Marked as answer by Barebodkin Wednesday, October 25, 2017 6:10 PM
    Wednesday, October 25, 2017 6:10 PM

All replies

• Hi,

There is a similar issue with you about soa refresh

https://www.experts-exchange.com/questions/27788699/How-to-massively-change-SOA-records-on-windows-DNS-server.html

Please Note: Since the web site is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Frank

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, October 24, 2017 9:06 AM
  • Hi,
    Just checking in to see if the information provided was helpful. Please let us know if you would like further assistance.

Best Regards,

Frank

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, October 25, 2017 4:11 PM
  • Not helpful. I found that when I googled the issue before posting it here. 

I ended up using Notepad++ to search and replace in the directory containing the zone files. That is the solution I would recommend to anyone with the same question. 

Bill Coulter

• Marked as answer by Barebodkin Wednesday, October 25, 2017 6:10 PM
    Wednesday, October 25, 2017 6:10 PM
  • Hi,

I am glad to hear that your issue was successfully resolved

Best Regards,

Frank

Thursday, October 26, 2017 2:36 AM