Direct connect DLNA TV with PC on Windows 7 without a router RRS feed

• Question

• Direct connect DLNA TV with PC on Windows 7 without a router. HOW?

The TV is connected directly to a PC via LAN. But in Devices and Printers TV doesn't appear (it must viewed how Digital Media Renderer). Search of devices doesn't work, and doesn't give add it manually. Windows Firewall off. Network discovery enabled. No viruses. Antivirus doesn't block network connections.

Question. Can I somehow add the device through the registry or by using powershell, i know MAC-adress of TV.

Monday, February 15, 2016 4:32 PM

Answers

• Thx for your attention and advice. The problem is solved by manually setup of IP address for TV.
    • Marked as answer by MegaWit Tuesday, February 16, 2016 1:59 PM
    Tuesday, February 16, 2016 1:53 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Without router, you could use a crossover network cable and fix the IP address of both your PC and the TV in the same subnet.

In your scenario, could you ping that TV successfully? And why you think you could find this TV in Devices and Printers.

From my search and experience, there is no article and material show that we can add devices by registry or PowerShell command.

There is a case talks about similar issue, from bleijendeckers’s post, we can understand some information about smart TV and DLNA server. I think it will be helpful to your current condition, please refer to it.

http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-1801684/streaming-smart-dlna.html

Please Note: Since the website is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Best regards,

Teemo Tang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, February 16, 2016 8:27 AM
  • Thx for your attention and advice. The problem is solved by manually setup of IP address for TV.
    • Marked as answer by MegaWit Tuesday, February 16, 2016 1:59 PM
    Tuesday, February 16, 2016 1:53 PM