none
Outlook 2016 and Terminalserver 2016

Question

• Hi,

we migrated from Win 2008 R2 to Win 2016 Terminalservers with Outlook 2016. Some users has the problem, when they start Outlook, they see the mails, but can not delete them. The connection state of Outlook say it is connected. Outlook starts working again, if the user cheks the Connection Status and click Reconnect. All other Outlooks in our company work fine beside of the terminalserverinstallations. With 2008 R2 we had no such problems. Has anybody seen this behavior before?

Best Regards,

Thomas

Friday, March 10, 2017 8:26 AM

All replies

• Hi Thomas,

>>when they start Outlook, they see the mails, but can not delete them.

Did you get any error message when it failed to delete the emails? Can you send/receive emails when this issue happens?

>>All other Outlooks in our company work fine beside of the terminalserverinstallations.

By this, do you mean Outlook terminal server installations failed to connect to mail server after clicking Reconnect? We may try to run the Test E-mail AutoConfiguration tool in problematic Outlook client to check the autodiscover service. To do this, open Outlook - press CTRL key - right click on the Outlook icon from right bottom corner taskbar - Test Email AutoConfiguration. Put your email address - uncheck use guessmart and secure guessmart authentication - click Test to check your Autodiscover service.

Please check the Log tab and confirm whether the Autodiscover service is connected successfully.

Regards,

Steve Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, March 13, 2017 8:22 AM
  • Sorry for the delay. I was some days away.

No, we get no error messages.

I already tried autodiscover. It runs successfully. But the user can still not delete mails after running the autodiscover. The only way is to change a folder and go back or to make the reconnect in the conncection status.

The strange thing is, some colleagues get the problem every time, others do not have the problem. All user profiles are new, nothing is migrated from an old installation. I also removed outlook profile, created it again and had the same problem.

Sunday, March 26, 2017 1:30 PM